Inventory Contact Checklist
The following checklist is a guide for inventory contacts to make sure they are successful:
- Is your department aware that you are the inventory contact?
- As an Inventory Contact, you are responsible for general daily inventory tasks. Do you know what those include? Those include:
- Tagging assets within 3-7 days of receipt, and reporting them;
- Tracking pending assets (including Asset Control Sheets) to get them entered and approved in OASIS;
- Problem solving inventory issues;
- Updating asset information (changes in contact, location, etc.);*
- Proper disposal of assets
- Overseeeing the biennial physical inventory process, including timely completion.
- Do you have tag stock on hand for new equipment (both white for inventorial equipment and purple for non-inventorial equipment)? (To order tags, go to this link.)
- Does your department know to alert you immediately when they receive equipment?
- Does your department know to alert you each time they relocate equipment?
- Did you tag the equipment within 3-7 days after receipt? If not, were prior arrangements made with the Equipment Inventory Office?
- Did you record the identifying equipment information and report it to Equipment Inventory via direct entry into OASIS or with a UW Equipment Information Form?
- If you have a recent change in department head, administrator, inventory contact, or backup contact, have you updated that information with EIO? If so, please use this web form to make the necessary changes.
- If you have had a replacement under warranty of an asset, have you updated the serial number in OASIS? Have you notified Equipment Inventory of the tag number change?
* Note: It is not accepted practice to wait for the biennial physical inventory to make equipment updates.