Criteria for Receiving an FEC
eFECS creates the FECs for faculty members with a faculty job code in the range of 0001-0147 and 0151-0199 and who satisfy at least one of the following criteria for the FEC reporting cycle:
- have been paid institutional base salary on a grant or contract (budget type 05),
- have a mandatory cost share agreement,
- have committed cost sharing where effort is shown on the sponsored project proposal budget or budget justification with no corresponding funding requested or awarded,
- have a long term shift in funding source cost sharing documented in eFECS Cost Share Module.
Note: Budget type/class 05-57 (royalty), 05-52 (clinical income), 05-45 (staff assignments and service contracts) and 05-34 (fixed price surplus) are not considered sponsored activity and do not in themselves qualify for printing an FEC. However, these budgets will appear on effort reports in the "Other Salary Sources" section when the faculty member is paid on sponsored agreements or has a cost share pledge or commitment.
Once faculty members are selected, the system collects information for each FEC from
- FIN (budget name, budget type, organization code, salary information)
- eFECS Cost Share Module (cost share pledges)