- Use Firefox or Chrome browser. Internet Explorer is not recommended for MyFD.
- For optimal performance, DO NOT use your browser back button. Doing so can produce inconsistent and undesirable results in MyFD, and is not recommended.
For help with terms and rejection codes, use the MyFD Glossary.
Accountability and Transparency
- Ensure that transfers are allowable, acceptable, and accurate, and document this in the reason for transfer - My FD does not validate the reason for transfer; user must perform that function.
Read all warnings and errors for each transaction before submitting. It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure that transactions are correct and compliant.
When asking a preparer to correct a transfer before submitting, the reviewer should edit the transaction to add a note detailing why the transfer has not been submitted as is.
When transferring an expense to a budget outside your department or organization code, notify the receiving department of the transfer.
- A principal investigator may delegate authority (as referenced in GIM 15), in writing or email, to an individual to sign for expenditure transfers to or from another budget. If no blanket authorization exists on file, copy and paste the authorizing email from the PI into the notes.
Preparation and Reconciliation
- Follow guidelines on Preparing Transfers Page.
- Set up an advanced budget. My Worksheet is not intended as a place to collect numerous transactions while waiting for a budget to open.
- Determine, within each department, the workflow between preparers and submitters for online transactions.
- Submit transactions promptly, to allow time to address unexpected errors or system issues.
- Follow suggested guidelines on reconciliation.
Need More Information?
See our Expense Transfer FAQs.