From the Transaction Summary Report or Query Results:
- Select the check box(es) for the items to transfer (ensure the "Expense Transfer" box is selected).
- Click Begin Transfer of Checked Items
- On the My Worksheet page, check the items to transfer
- Click Copy Checked Items to Transfer Form
Before You Begin:
For optimal performance, DO NOT use your browser back button. Doing so can produce inconsistent and often undesirable results in MyFD, and is not recommended.
NOTE: You may transfer multiple salary transactions for one employee, or multiple transactions from one budget at a time.
- Enter transfer to budget in Budget Number field, press tab
- Verify that the budget is open, and is the correct budget
- Fill in the total amount or % total fields with the amount to transfer
- If changing the account code, job class code, or PCA codes, fill in those fields
- To split a transaction, click on split; to split multiple transactions, click split all
- Complete additional lines, if necessary
- Enter a reason for transfer; if transferring to or from a grant, enter the benefit to grant budget explanation
BEST PRACTICE: MyFinancial.desktop will not verify the validity of reasons. Please ensure reasons for transfer are reasonable and thorough.
Enter additional Notes including justifications for FEC reporting, PI delegations of authority, or additional documentation.
BEST PRACTICE: Document justifications for FEC reporting, PI delegations of authority, or email documentation regarding the transfer in the Notes field, not the reason for transfer
Review Expense Transfer Form and either Check for errors, Save, Submit or Delete your transfer
Need More Information?
See our Expense Transfer FAQs.