Tax Form Replacement

Opt Out of Paper Tax Forms!

Please Verify which Tax Form is needed

  • W-2: UW Employees who received Taxable Salary/Wages
  • 1042-S: UW NRA- Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
  • 1099-R: UW Retirees- Supplemental Retirement Payments
  • Stipend Letter: Non UW Students paid Stipend

How to Replace Forms

If you do not have access to ESS, complete the Request for Paper Tax Form Replacement.

Forgot your password?
  • Contact UW IT at (206)221-5000 and be prepared to provide your UW EID.
Forgot your EID?
  • Forms W-2, 1042-S, 1099-R and Stipend Letters can be replaced on ESS (Employee Self Service).
    • All employees have access (both current and former)
    • Go to the Taxes tab then see the links at the bottom of the page.
    • This online tax form is an official copy.

Can’t find a W-2 or 1042-S on ESS?

You may have received a 1098- T or 1099-Misc.

  • 1098-T: UW Students paid Stipend through Payroll Office.