What is a Non-Catalog Purchase Order?
When to use
- The hosted or punchout catalog of an ARIBA supplier is unable to convert quotes online.
- The goods or services are not reoccurring purchases.
- The order involves fixed quantities and/or dollar amounts.
- Ability to leverage existing ARIBA functionalities, such as open system access, document retention and electronic approval flow.
- Greater transparency, allowing users to see the status of the order at every step in the purchasing process.
- Overall University procurement cost savings.
- Quote capability for hosted and punchout catalog suppliers that lack this feature.
In order for departments to be able to use Non-Catalog Ordering, their suppliers must be registered with the UW and available in ARIBA.
- DO NOT sign any contracts with the supplier. Review the Signatory Authority policy.
- Consider purchasing goods and services from a supplier with a UW contract, to leverage University-wide benefits.
- Create a Non-Catalog order only after searching for the desired items in the hosted and punchout catalogs first.
- Before placing an order, obtain:
- Current, correct item pricing item
- Part number(s)
- Commodity code(s)
- Full item description
- Quote number (if applicable)
- Contact name
- Email address and/or fax number for supplier
- Create separate requisitions for non-catalog items (i.e., do not mix with hosted and punchout items).
- DO NOT use Internet Explorer to create a Non-Catalog order. We strongly recommend that you use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- DO NOT place the order with the supplier prior to creating and submitting a Non-Catalog order.
- Do not split purchase orders to circumvent the competitive process.