A current UW Supplier Registration must be on file to do business with the University of Washington.
UW Procurement Services has an online supplier registration portal for suppliers doing business with the University. This replaces all paper supplier registration forms, including the IRS W-9, and allows suppliers to register online, making the process more user-friendly and efficient. To assist with the completion of the Supplier Registration form, please have your W-9 and other business information available.
For step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the supplier registration, click here.
When Supplier Registration Form (SRF) is Needed
- New suppliers (not currently in the vendor database) receiving payment from UW
- Suppliers that were previously registered with UW but have had their information deleted due to lack of use (supplier information is deleted from UW vendor file if not used for 2 years)
- When the business name and/or taxpayer information or ID number changes, is missing or is flagged as not matching IRS records.
Please Note: Supplier Registration is required as a prerequisite for doing business with the University of Washington, but should not be interpreted as a method of becoming a preferred vendor. This Supplier Registration Form process was created in collaboration with the Business Diversity Program and campus customers to meet the various state and federal reporting requirements. The Supplier Registration process through this portal is distinct and separate from the WEBS registration requirement. For more information on WEBS registration, please visit our Information for Suppliers page.
Supplier Onboarding Timeline
- Supplier must submit the Supplier Registration Form (SRF) utilizing the link above
- Supplier's Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) information from the online SRF is verified with the IRS
- Supplier must complete the enrollment process for electronic payments (supplier may begin this process immediately after submitting the SRF)
- Supplier may be invited to join the ARIBA Network (Suppliers transacting on the ARIBA Network are able to leverage the full suite of UW buying options, including ARIBA Blanket Purchase Orders, or BPOs).
Steps 1-3 must be completed before payments can be made to the supplier. During the registration step a new supplier may receive a Vendor Number for the UW system, however, no payments can be issued until the full onboarding process has been completed.
Because the full process involves multiple parties and UW process partners, we are advising all new suppliers that the complete onboarding process can be as short as 1-2 weeks, but may also take as long as 5 weeks.
1. Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission
The Supplier Registration Form (SRF) may be submitted any time. The form takes around 5 minutes to complete.
- UW Vendor Control will verify the information Monday - Friday, within 2 business days.
2. Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification
We are verifying with the IRS that the information provided on the supplier registration form matches the IRS database. If it does not match, we will hold the supplier registration (along with any payments) until the correct information is received and confirmed. The UW must ensure that the information we report to the IRS is verified prior to making any payments, without exception.
Please refer to the instructions on the IRS website regarding the information that should be provided. If you are a sole proprietor or disregarded LLC, you must enter your individual name on the first line of the Supplier Registration form and any business name on the second line, if applicable.
On July 1st, 2010, Procurement Services implemented the procedure to verify that the Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) and the name of all UW suppliers are consistent with Internal Revenue Service information. Any differences, however insignificant, may result in IRS penalties. In order to avoid penalties, it is imperative that the information provided to the UW on a Supplier Registration Form (SRF) matches EXACTLY with how it appears on the income tax return submitted to the IRS.
- The Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) verification process is typically completed within 7 business days.
3. Electronic Payment Enrollment
The University of Washington's preferred payment method is by payment card, also known as ePayables. Read more about the ePayables program including frequently asked questions, payment terms and conditions and more on the ePayables page.
- * The electronic payment enrollment step can take as few as 5-7 business days to complete, but can take longer as it is dependent on the supplier response to communication from the University to take action and complete the payment enrollment steps.
4. ARIBA Network Registration
The University is transitioning from its legacy purchasing system to the ARIBA eCommerce platform for its procurement transactions. The University will contact its suppliers and provide instructions on how to register to become an ARIBA Network Supplier.
- * Once the University communication has been sent to the supplier, this step is dependent on the supplier response to communication to take action and complete the ARIBA Network enablement steps identified on the ARIBA Network webpage.
How to Find a Supplier in the Vendor File
Use the Supplier Search PDR
Access the Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR) and select the Supplier Search PDR (direct link here) and search for the supplier by name, starting letter of the supplier name or six-digit supplier (vendor) number.
The results of your search will allow you to view if the supplier:
- has registered and is part of our vendor file (Supplier Number is listed)
- is ready to accept UW orders (Available to Order)
- is ready to receive payments (Available to Pay)
- is available in eProcurement/ARIBA (eProcurement)
- has an eProcurement Catalog (Catalog)
- has a UW Contract (Contract)
- is enabled on the ARIBA Network (ARIBA Network)
- is enrolled for Electronic Payment (Electronic Payment)