If you borrowed from the Federal Direct Student Loan program (Stafford and PLUS loans), your lender is the federal Department of Education. Your loan will be billed by the Federal Direct Loan Servicer.
If you borrowed from a Federal Campus Based Loan program (Perkins and federal Health Profession and Nursing loans), your lender is the University of Washington. These loans will be billed by the UW’s loan servicer, Heartland ECSI (formerly Campus Partners).
If you borrowed from an Institutional Loan program (that you received from a UW department), your lender is the University of Washington and you will be billed by our loan servicer, Heartland ECSI (formerly Campus Partners).
Managing Your UW Loan Account
If the University of Washington is your lender, your loan will be billed by Heartland ECSI (formerly Campus Partners). You will need to create a user account on the Heartland ESCI website to monitor your account and take advantage of available online services. If you have questions about your account, contact Heartland ESCI and a representative will assist you.
Deferment, Cancellation and Forbearance
Many loan programs offer benefits such as deferment, cancellation or forbearance of payments based on the specific terms of your loan. If you are eligible for any of these benefits, download a request form from the Heartland ECSI (formerly Campus Partners) website and follow the instructions for submitting it for processing. If you have questions about your eligibility or how to file a request form, contact Heartland ECSI and a representative will assist you.
Tips for successful repayment of your student loan
- Keep your lender informed if you:
- change your name, address or phone number
- transfer schools
- leave school or drop below half-time
- change your graduation date
- Make sure you have all of your loan records organized. Keep copies of your promissory note, disclosure statements and repayment schedule.
- Create a realistic budget which includes your student loan payments.
- when your loan payments begin
- the amount of your student loan payments
- your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower
- Consider loan consolidation
- Contact your lender immediately if you are having trouble making your monthly payment or have any questions or concerns about repayment
Lender and Servicer Links
- Heartland ESCI (formerly Campus Partners) - services UW campus-based loans
- Federal Direct Stafford, Grad PLUS or Parent PLUS Loan
- Private loans - refer to your promissory note for lender contact information