When you register for courses at the University of Washington, you are obligated to pay the associated tuition and related fees for those classes unless you officially drop your classes by the end of the first week of the quarter. You are billed tuition based on the number of credit hours (including audit courses ) that you are registered for at the beginning of the quarter.
Tuition rates are maintained by the Office of Planning and Budgeting and are based on your grade classification, residency status, tuition tier and the total number of credit hours for which you are registered. This includes classes that you audit. Rates differ depending on which campus you attend, due to slight variations in Services & Activities fees.
For questions regarding tuition and fee distribution, please visit the Planning and Budgeting website for contact information.
- Processing/payment of tuition and fees - Student Fiscal Services
- Financial Aid - Office of Student Financial Aid:
- Residency status and definitions - Residence Classification Office
- Graduate service appointments - Graduate School
- Fee-based programs - Professional and Continuing Education