The tax office works collaboratively with all departments to reduce UW's tax burden and ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and city tax laws. Specific tax issues at the UW are handled by several departments: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Student Fiscal Services and Financial Accounting.
Frequently Requested Information
- Federal Tax ID (EIN): 91-6001537.
- State Tax ID (UBI): Please contact email@example.com for this information.
- Dunn and Bradstreet: #042803536
You may be asked to complete a W-9 form if your department is receiving a payment. Please have someone in your department sign the W-9. IMPORTANT: If you expect to receive the payment directly in your department you should change the address on the W-9. The tax department will direct that any payments be made to the address on the W-9, unless you specify otherwise to the supplier.
UW Medicine includes seven major owned and/or managed entities – the UW School of Medicine, UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, UW Physicians, UW Neighborhood Clinics, and Airlift Northwest. UW Medicine also has an ownership interest in the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and the Children’s University Medical Group.
UW Medical Center and the UW School of Medicine both use the same tax ID as the University and have the same tax status. The other organizations comprising UW Medicine have their own tax IDs and tax status.
- For questions related to payroll (W-2, 1042-S, 1099-R, FICA [social security and medicare], W-4 and other withholding forms), please contact the Payroll Office at 206-543-9202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to student taxes (1098-T), please contact Student Fiscal Services at 206-221-2609 or email@example.com
- For questions related to 1099-MISC tax reporting, please contact the Procurement Services 1099 reporting desk at 206-221-3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to foreign vendor payments, foreign tax withholding, honoraria payments to a foreign national and tax treaties, please visit the Global Operations webpage or contact 206-685-0271 or email email@example.com.
- For sales/use tax questions, please contact the Tax Office at 206-685-0571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions not addressed by this website and questions regarding unrelated business income tax, tax policy and foreign/international taxes may be directed to Kyle Richard, Tax Director at 206-685-0571.