Skip to main content
Checklist of what to do in developing your plan:
- Consider your department’s current and future needs
- Consider your personal interests - what excites you?
- Consider needed skills for future jobs
- Consider future professional goals
- What technology skills could you improve?
- Talk with your leader and co-workers about your interests and ask for feedback
- Develop your ideas/plans/resources/people who can help
- Educational resources (e.g., tuition exemption, distance learning)
- Networking resources and professional organizations
- Available training (POD, UW Information Technology classes, etc.)
- Cost and time estimates
- Draft a plan
- Set a time to talk with your leader about your plan
- Be prepared to answer questions you may be asked
- Hold the discussion and agree to a plan with your leader
- Finalize the EDP plan and obtain signatures from your leader and from the EIT leader in your area.
- Request relevant training opportunities and complete request form
- Submit plan and request to TAP team member in your department
- Take Action!
- Revise plan as needed
- Renew plan every two years