Federal Physical Inventory is the physical inventory of Federally owned assets with a total cost greater than $5,000. These inventories are distributed to campus in early January of each year and are due back to the Equipment Inventory Office by February 28/29 of the same year.
Agency Physical Inventory is the physical inventory of Agency owned assets with a total cost greater than $5,000. these inventories are distributed to campus in early January of each year and are due back to the Equipment Inventory Office by February 28/29 of the same year.
EIO (The Equipment Inventory Office):
- Mails the inventory packet to the department inventory contacts containing:
- Cover letters
- Printed inventory listings of all Federal and Agency titled equipment assegned to the department
- Sends a memo to department heads telling them which inventories are due
Department Inventory Contact:
Finds each piece of the Federal or Agency titled equipment assigned to the department and verifies that it is:
- In use (arranges for disposal if it is not in use)
- Accurately tagged (tags or retags if necessary)
- Correctly listed in the OASIS database (updates the printed listing where necessary)
May make updates in OASIS except for disposals or tag number changes
Gives the updated original listing to the department head or a representative for a signature
Makes a copy for department records
Keeps copy for three (3) years
Mails the signed and completed original listing back to EIO in time to arrive by the due date
Responds in writing to any requests from EIO
Logs the inventory in as "received"
Checks the inventory, sending a memo to the department if there are any questions
Completes any requests
Updates the OASIS database as needed
Sends a copy of the new inventory listing to the department
Keeps the completed original updated listing for six (6) years
EIO closesly monitors departments with past due inventories. EIO contacts these departments by email and/or phone to follow-up on the inventories. If unsuccessful, EIO then communicates the Past Due departments to the Director of GCA and if necessary to Internal Audit.