Univeristy (State) Physical Inventory - The physical inventory of University owned assets with a total cost greater than $5,000. These inventories are distributed to campus in early May of each non-biennium year and are due back to the Equipment Inventory Office by August 31st of the same year.
There are no extentions on the due dates. (Please ask for your listing early if you need more time.)
In early May of each non-biennium year (even years), the Equipment Inventory Office (EIO):
- Mails the following to the department inventory contacts:
- Cover letter with instructions
- Printed inventory listings of all University titled equipment assigned to the department
- Mails a memo to department heads telling them that inventories are due
Department Inventory Contact:
- Finds each piece of the University titled equipment assigned to the department and verifies that it is:
- In use (arranges for disposal if it is not in use)
- Accurately tagged (tags or retags if necessary)
- Correctly listed in the OASIS database (updates the printed listing where necessary)
- May make updates in OASIS except for disposals or tag number changes
- Gives the updated original listing to the department head or a representative for a signature
- Makes a copy for department records
- Keeps copy for three (3) years
- Scans and emails or mails a completed
- and signed listing back to EIO in time to arrive by the due date
- Responds to any requests from EIO using the Physical Inventory Response Form.
- Logs the inventory in as "received"
- Checks the inventory, sending a memo to the department if there are any questions
- Completes any requests
- Updates the OASIS database as needed
- Sends a copy of the new inventory listing to the department
- Keeps the completed original updated listing for six (6) years
EIO closesly monitors departments with past due inventories. EIO contacts these departments by email and/or phone to follow-up on the inventories.