ERM Development at UW
- In 2005 President Mark Emmert announced a process to create a culture of compliance at the UW
- Report in 2006 of the Strategic Risk Initiative Committee created by the President provided a framework for managing institution-wide risk and compliance
Recommendations contained in the Committee's 2006 report have been implemented:
- Created a President's Advisory Committee to oversee and improve the UW's culture and compliance
- Created a Compliance Council to bring compliance experts together to share information and advise the President's Advisory Committee
- Implemented operational improvements, including maintaining a strong internal audit function, conducting formal risk assessments, adopting a tool for self-assessment by campus units, and analyzing risk benchmarks and trends.
For full reporting on ERM at UW see the Risk Management publications: