To build a link to your website documents, MyFD will need:
- A way to identify transactions from your system uniquely based on some set of criteria, perhaps a Source System like FASTRANS, Originating Area Code, etc.
- A web page in your system that MyFD links to, along with a rule for bringing up the specific document; this could be something like: https://<your system>.washington.edu/finsvcs/uwnetid/cti-isd/< … >.xyz where <….>.xyz would be the unique document name.
- Examples of existing posted transactions that include: Unique identifying information (from #1 above), Budget number, Month/Year, Account Code and Transaction Description
- Retention policy and contact information for questions about your system which is added to a webpage for our users – See “Links to Online Source Documents” section at http://f2.washington.edu/fm/myfd/reconciliation.
Other nice to haves:
- If possible, a single link for all transactions. If MyFD has to identify multiple types of transactions, and build different links for each, this slows down the report as each transaction has to get tested for all the criteria for each type of link.
- A stable link, with some mechanism that will trigger a notification to us if the link changes – perhaps a comment in the code somewhere.
- If you could feed a unique identifier that is part of the URL to MyFD in the special Document ID field, the way Ariba does, this is also preferred, but not required.