Approximated tax and freight are included in the Tolerances field. Make sure to account for tax and freight when calculating the Maximum Amount you want to spend with a supplier.
Click on a question below to view the answer. Limit the results by entering a search term.
To cancel an ARIBA purchase order, the preparer who placed the order must contact the supplier. Best practice is to add a Comment to the EI purchase order stating the order is canceled, detailing to whom you spoke, and any other pertinent information.
After canceling the order with the supplier, you must close the purchase order (PO) and remove the open balance from the budget. To close Catalog and Non-Catalog POs, use the Change/Close Order Request Form. For Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO), visit the Closing or Changing Blanket Purchase Orders page and follow the step-by-step instructions on how to close a BPO.
No. The preparers/requesters of the order should verify that pricing is correct before submitting the order and that the Non-Catalog Order is compliant with the intended use, i.e. no items from the exceptions list, etc. Procurement Services is just performing the task of acting as a "substitute" for electronic ordering that is performed automatically for Ariba Enabled suppliers. There is a separate, internal spot-audit process in place that monitors Non-Catalog Orders to determine if there are violations of UW Procurement Policies, such as ordering items that are on the Exceptions list.
For all OSP BPOs, the default codes cannot be anything other than 03-62 (subcontract).
To ensure successful submission of a new or revised Contract Request (CR) when you encounter the "Limit Type Conflict" error message, please follow the instructions below.
You have encountered a 'Limit Type Conflict' while submitting your Contract Request. Please contact Procurement Customer Service for assistance.
- Go to the CR's Pricing Terms section.
- Edit the first line item listed under Materials and Services.
- Under the Limits section, in the Set Item Limits dropdown menu, choose the limit type you do not want submitted:
- Choose Quantity, if your current choice is set to Amount.
- Choose Amount, if your current choice is set to Quantity.
- In the Maximum Quantity or Maximum Amount field, enter 0 (zero).
- At the lower right-hand corner of the page, click OK. You will receive an error message.
- Return to the Limits section.
- In the Set Item Limits dropdown menu, choose the limit type you want submitted. Or:
- Choose Amount, if you chose Quantity in step 3.
- Choose Quantity, if you chose Amount in step 3.
- In the Maximum Quantity or Maximum Amount field, type the amount or quantity you'd originally entered.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 – 9, if you have multiple line items.
- Return to the CR's Summary section.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the Summary section, click the Submit button.
Non-Catalog Orders and BPOs use the same approval process as eProcurement catalog orders. When you assign a budget number to an item, then the Approvers and Watchers will be added based on the eProcurement ASTRA roles that are in effect for the budgets/organizations involved.
No. If you wish to receive confirmation from the supplier that they received the order, then add a comment when creating the Non-Catalog requisition and state that you wish to receive confirmation. Include your contact information for where the confirmation should be sent and mark the comment as Visible to Supplier. This step does NOT apply to Non-Catalog orders for Ariba-Enabled suppliers. When an Ariba-Enabled supplier confirms order receipt on the Ariba Network, an email is sent to the preparer. You do not need to request a confirmation.
- Select Preferences from the command bar.
- Select Change your profile from the options provided.
- Click on the link for Step 2 Account/Ship in the left panel.
- To set a default Budget Number, click the down arrow to the right of the Budget Number field and select “Search for more…”.
- Enter the Budget Number (with no dashes) in the search field and click Search. (Alternatively, you can click the down arrow on the field to select Name if you prefer to search by the name of the budget.)
- Click the Select button to choose the default Budget Number.
- To set a default Ship To, click the down arrow to the right of the Ship To field and select “Search for more…”.
- Enter part of the address (e.g., street name or address number) into the search field and click Search.
- Click the Select button for the address you wish to set as your default shipping location.
- Click Next.
- Type in an option internal comment.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit to submit the change. Note: There is no approval required for this change.
Most Exception Items may now be ordered through ARIBA. For more information, see the Exception Item list.
To set-up frequency of email notifications:
- Login to ARIBA
- Select Preferences from the command bar.
- Select Change email notification preferences from the options provided.
- Click on the drop down arrow to the right of the Edit preferences for: field and select the document type.
- Under Notification method, you can choose the method based upon being an approver or watcher. Select the option you prefer. You have a choice of Send email immediately or Send email summary. Your choice specifies whether to receive each request as it is generated or receive all requests at once in a daily bath email, respectively.
- Under Notification frequency, set the following:
7. When you are finished making your selections, make sure to click Save to save your changes
The ARIBA Network is a network of over 1 million suppliers that provides a connection point for buyers and suppliers through ARIBA. Suppliers register on the Network, configure their accounts, and store product and service content there
Through the ARIBA Network, suppliers can electronically receive Purchase Orders from their customers and send customers invoices for those POs.
For UW suppliers, first a supplier has to register with the University by completing the Supplier Registration Form: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/registration
Once registered, Vendor Control will work with the supplier to enable the supplier on the ARIBA Network and transact electronically with the University.
More comprehensive information on what suppliers need is on the Procurement Services website on the ARIBA Network webpage: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
With a vision to make the procurement process as paperless and efficient as possible, the University of Washington has transitioned to the ARIBA eCommerce platform for its procurement transactions. We would like to continue our relationships with our valued UW suppliers, and need their cooperation and willingness to accept this new procure-to-pay process by responding to all requested steps from ARIBA in a timely manner.
Yes! Suppliers can apply discounts on an ARIBA PO or BPO invoice.
The supplier must include the discount amount on the invoice as part of the Header Charges. The header charge area is used for discounts, tax, shipping and handling. ARIBA Network Suppliers can find this area when they are submitting the invoice by clicking the Add to Header option and selecting Discount.
Note: A discount may not be invoiced as the only charge on the invoice. The supplier must apply the discount when invoicing for line items on the purchase order. If a supplier attempts to apply a discount on an invoice and no line items are included on the invoice, the payment will fail when the system attempts to process it and the department will not see the savings applied to their order.
The supplier can attach a copy of the invoice, or any other necessary documents, to the ARIBA network invoice when creating the invoice, before the invoice is submitted.
The instructions for where to correctly attach the .pdf copy to the Network invoice are on the ARIBA Network Supplier BPO Invoicing Reference Guide Document, beginning on page 5, which is posted here: https://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/AribaBlanketPurchaseOrders/bporeceivingsuppliers
Here are the steps:
1. Click the Add to Header button and then click on the link for Attachment from the drop-down menu.
2. The Attachment section will appear above the line items on the BPO. The supplier will click Browse to locate the document, select the file and then click the Add Attachment button.
3. After the document is attached at the Header, the attachment will be visible at the very bottom of the invoice screen, under the Tax Summary and Invoice Summary.
"Supplier Enablement" or "ARIBA Enablement" are Procurement Services terms encompassing the process of getting UW suppliers transacting on the ARIBA Network. The process involves Procurement Services buyers, the ARIBA team and Vendor Control at different stages of the process.
The ARIBA Network is an eCommerce network for suppliers to receive UW purchase orders, create and transmit invoices electronically to the University and discover other customer opportunities. For more information about the ARIBA Network, see: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
Please submit information about the supplier to us using the ARIBA Network Registration Request webform located at http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
The person in your department who is set up with "authorizer" access can create access in ASTRA for any potential user. Information about how to setup access is available on the Astra - Authorizations.
No. There is no need to print the Non-PO Invoice copy as it will remain in ARIBA for the full retention period. However, you may want to document the Non-PO Invoice number on the invoice obtained from the supplier for easy reference.
Never ship to a home address, that is strictly forbidden.
Invoice vouchers are required for the following circumstances:
Invoices over $10,000 submitted by a department for payment
To communicate special check handling instructions
To communicate wire transfer instructions
When an invoice is in a foreign language
Because there is no way to notify the suppliers as to why you changed the invoice to a different amount, you must contact the supplier and request a new invoice reflecting your changes. This will cut down on the number of phone calls you receive from the supplier when the amount paid does not match the amount of the original invoice.
Telephone the vendor contacts listed to confirm the product can be rushed. The vendor will be able to process the order in ARIBA or the department might have to use their ProCard for the rush order.
You may authorize the user to have enhanced accessibility. This role provides two links on the top left corner that help navigation and a scroll on lists rather than pages.
If you have the enhanced accessibility role:
There will be page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the content areas (i.e., My Documents, To Do, etc.) and Search Results so that you can easily navigate through long lists by selecting specific page numbers.
When creating ARIBA transactions that require multiple steps (Requisitions, Blanket Purchase Orders, Payments to Individuals and eReimbursements), the numbered hyperlinks in the the left hand navigation panel are disabled and you will need to use the ARIBA PREV and NEXT buttons to navigate through the steps.
To authorize the user to have enhanced accessibility:
Log onto ASTRA
Choose ARIBA Admin as the application
Select enhanced accessibility under role
Click ok proceed to cart
Please review the information for How to Apply on the Procard webpage. Note that your administrator will be contacted to substantiate the validity of the applicant and provide information on the purchasing coordinator for your department. Once approved, you will be contacted to pick up your card.
No. Services by an individual or group cannot be paid by check request.
How to pay service invoices under $10,000:
- Invoices for services provided by an individual may be paid through Payments to Individuals (P2I) in Ariba
- Invoices for services provided by a group or supplier must be paid by Non-PO Invoice unless the invoice is part of a larger contract placed
How to pay service invoices over $10,000:
- A buyer will be added to the Approval Flow