Yes, BPO and Non-Catalog Ordering allow users to place orders with foreign suppliers.
Click on a question below to view the answer. Limit the results by entering a search term.
Yes, you can use ARIBA BPO for M&E orders
Approximated tax and freight are included in the Tolerances field. Make sure to account for tax and freight when calculating the Maximum Amount you want to spend with a supplier.
For all OSP BPOs, the default codes cannot be anything other than 03-62 (subcontract).
Please visit the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) webpage about outgoing subawards, which contains guidance on initiating subaward BPOs.
If you need to change your budget number, budget distribution, or PCA codes on a current ARIBA Catalog or Non-Catalog order, you can do so by filling out the Change/Close Order Request form.
- Select Preferences from the command bar.
- Select Change your profile from the options provided.
- Click on the link for Step 2 Account/Ship in the left panel.
- To set a default Budget Number, click the down arrow to the right of the Budget Number field and select “Search for more…”.
- Enter the Budget Number (with no dashes) in the search field and click Search. (Alternatively, you can click the down arrow on the field to select Name if you prefer to search by the name of the budget.)
- Click the Select button to choose the default Budget Number.
- To set a default Ship To, click the down arrow to the right of the Ship To field and select “Search for more…”.
- Enter part of the address (e.g., street name or address number) into the search field and click Search.
- Click the Select button for the address you wish to set as your default shipping location.
- Click Next.
- Type in an option internal comment.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit to submit the change. Note: There is no approval required for this change.
In ARIBA, the supplier should enter the freight or shipping charges at the Header level and any applicable sales tax. They must then select one of the lines on the PO and either enter a quantity or an amount of 0. This will allow the invoice to process through ARIBA with just shipping.
If a supplier is crediting only tax or freight, then the supplier would need to enter the tax or freight as a negative amount.
If a Central Receiver is added to the organization in ASTRA, they will begin receiving notifications when a receipt is created and be able to receive on a BPO the day after the role assignment in ASTRA.
When a BPO is created, the first receipt (RCxxxxxx) is also created at that time, and the receipt is thus able to be accessed for receiving only by those that have receiving ability when that receipt was created. Since only the Preparer and Contact (Requester) have the receiving ability automatically for BPOs, these are the people who will receive on the BPO.
If a BPO is created, and later a Central Receiver is assigned in ASTRA, the Central Receiver will not have access to receipts prior to their activation date. They will only have the receiving ability for receipts created the day after the role is assigned in ASTRA.
If you cannot select or find your preferred supplier, please visit the ARIBA Buying Portal. There are links to common questions and requests in its Help section.
To set-up frequency of email notifications:
- Login to ARIBA
- Select Preferences from the command bar.
- Select Change email notification preferences from the options provided.
- Click on the drop down arrow to the right of the Edit preferences for: field and select the document type.
- Under Notification method, you can choose the method based upon being an approver or watcher. Select the option you prefer. You have a choice of Send email immediately or Send email summary. Your choice specifies whether to receive each request as it is generated or receive all requests at once in a daily bath email, respectively.
- Under Notification frequency, set the following:
7. When you are finished making your selections, make sure to click Save to save your changes
If you need to change your budget number, budget distribution, or PCA codes on a current ARIBA Catalog or Non-Catalog order, you can do so by filling out the Change/Close Order Request form. If you need to change information on a current Blanket Purchase Order, visit the Changing or Closing Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) page for instructions.
Occasionally users will attempt to log into ARIBA too many times with incorrect information. When this happens, you will see the screenshot below, which includes the message "Maximum login attempts exceeded. Account for user [UWNetID] has been disabled. Contact your administrator for assistance."
To have your account unlocked:
- Take a screenshot of the lockout page
- In an email, attach the screenshot and request for your account to be unlocked. Include your Name and UW NetID
- Subject Line of the email must be: ARIBA Lockout
- Send the email to: PCSHelp@uw.edu
The ARIBA Network is a network of over 1 million suppliers that provides a connection point for buyers and suppliers through ARIBA. Suppliers register on the Network, configure their accounts, and store product and service content there
Through the ARIBA Network, suppliers can electronically receive Purchase Orders from their customers and send customers invoices for those POs.
For UW suppliers, first a supplier has to register with the University by completing the Supplier Registration Form: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/registration
Once registered, Vendor Control will work with the supplier to enable the supplier on the ARIBA Network and transact electronically with the University.
More comprehensive information on what suppliers need is on the Procurement Services website on the ARIBA Network webpage: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
Please submit information about the supplier to us using the ARIBA Network Registration Request webform located at http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
With a vision to make the procurement process as paperless and efficient as possible, the University of Washington has transitioned to the ARIBA eCommerce platform for its procurement transactions. We would like to continue our relationships with our valued UW suppliers, and need their cooperation and willingness to accept this new procure-to-pay process by responding to all requested steps from ARIBA in a timely manner.
"Supplier Enablement" or "ARIBA Enablement" are Procurement Services terms encompassing the process of getting UW suppliers transacting on the ARIBA Network. The process involves Procurement Services buyers, the ARIBA team and Vendor Control at different stages of the process.
The ARIBA Network is an eCommerce network for suppliers to receive UW purchase orders, create and transmit invoices electronically to the University and discover other customer opportunities. For more information about the ARIBA Network, see: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/supplier-information/ariba-network
The supplier can attach a copy of the invoice, or any other necessary documents, to the ARIBA network invoice when creating the invoice, before the invoice is submitted.
The instructions for where to correctly attach the .pdf copy to the Network invoice are on the ARIBA Network Supplier BPO Invoicing Reference Guide Document, beginning on page 5, which is posted here: https://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/AribaBlanketPurchaseOrders/bporeceivingsuppliers
Here are the steps:
1. Click the Add to Header button and then click on the link for Attachment from the drop-down menu.
2. The Attachment section will appear above the line items on the BPO. The supplier will click Browse to locate the document, select the file and then click the Add Attachment button.
3. After the document is attached at the Header, the attachment will be visible at the very bottom of the invoice screen, under the Tax Summary and Invoice Summary.
Yes! Suppliers can apply discounts on an ARIBA PO or BPO invoice.
The supplier must include the discount amount on the invoice as part of the Header Charges. The header charge area is used for discounts, tax, shipping and handling. ARIBA Network Suppliers can find this area when they are submitting the invoice by clicking the Add to Header option and selecting Discount.
Note: A discount may not be invoiced as the only charge on the invoice. The supplier must apply the discount when invoicing for line items on the purchase order. If a supplier attempts to apply a discount on an invoice and no line items are included on the invoice, the payment will fail when the system attempts to process it and the department will not see the savings applied to their order.
The person in your department who is set up with "authorizer" access can create access in ASTRA for any potential user. Information about how to setup access is available on the Astra - Authorizations.
UW Staff with a valid netID can access invoice copies through Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR). Additionally, most journal voucher copies, ARIBA payments, and a number of ISD or CTI copies can be located through your budget using the MyFinancial Desktop (MyFD) Reconciliation report.
Copies of checks can be requested by emailing email@example.com. Please include the check number and check date.
If the receipt is in someone's name other than the UW employee, the person who made payment should be reimbursed through eReimbursement for a Non-UW Employee.
Ex: If a spouse orders the item through Amazon and it charges their credit card, even if the credit card and bank account are shared, the department should reimburse the spouse, not the employee. Use eReimbursement, select No for the UW Employee question, then select Other under UW Affiliation.