What are Catalog Purchases?
Catalog purchases through UW Contracts offer established pricing, terms and discounts designed to offer the best overall value to customers. Ordering through the catalog is the fastest order method and the recommended first choice for purchasing goods at the UW.
THOMAS SCIENTIFIC LLC PunchOut Catalog is Now Available in Ariba (10/08/2019)
For fast and efficient order placement, please use the new Thomas Scientific LLC PunchOut Catalog to place orders in Ariba instead of creating Non-Catalog Orders for this supplier. Unlike Non-Catalog Orders, there is no need to manually type in all of the details for each item. Once you click Buy from Supplier to reach the PunchOut site landing page, you simply search for item(s) and add them to your Shopping Cart. When you are finished shopping, you click the Checkout button to return to your Ariba Requisition. All of the items along with required details are automatically populated including Supplier Part ID, Description, Unit Price, Unit of Measure, and Commodity Code.
The catalog also supports improved efficiency through:
- Frequent Buy Lists – You can create one or more Frequent Buy Lists, which are collections of items frequently purchased. When you select a Frequent Buy List, all of the items will be displayed. You can adjust quantities and/or remove items and then add other items to your shopping cart before you checkout.
- Quick Order – Is useful if you already know which part numbers you want to order. You are presented with a form where you can enter multiple part numbers, and add them to your shopping cart all at once with a single click of the Add to Cart button.
- Upload an Order File – If you have a collection of frequently ordered items, you can create a CSV file containing the Thomas Part Id, Unit of Measure, and Quantity for each item. Then you upload the file to the PunchOut site when you need to re-order the same group of items. After you upload the file, all of the items are visible in your Shopping Cart.
Thomas Scientific LLC has been providing the scientific community with general laboratory supplies, equipment and chemicals for over 100 years. Products from the following companies, several of which formerly provided catalogs for the University of Washington, are available for purchase through the Thomas Scientific PunchOut in Ariba:
- Denville Scientific
- E&K Scientific
- Phenix Research
For additional information regarding the content of the PunchOut Catalog, contact:
- Thomas Scientific Customer Service: 800-934-8114
- Seattle-Based Sales Representative:
- DiJon Hill, MS
- Territory Account Manager – PNW
- If you have questions about or issues with accessing the catalog in Ariba, contact UW Procurement Services at email@example.com or 206-543-4500.
Recently Released Catalogs
The following Ariba PunchOut Catalogs have been recently added to Ariba:
- General Microsystems Inc. (GMI) deployed on 8/14/2019
- Stoneway Electric Supply deployed on 7/26/2019.
- Software House International deployed on 5/16/2019.
- The Creative Office/Hon Furniture (the supplier is Gordon Products DBA The Creative Office) deployed on 5/7/2019.
When to use Catalogs:
- Should be considered the first buying method option when making purchases
- On-demand ordering
- Fastest delivery
Benefits of Catalogs
- Volume and non-volume pricing discounts
- Better return policies
- Dedicated support staff
- No dollar threshold
- No Sole Source justification required
- Some catalogs support the ability to convert a quote into an order