What are Catalog Purchases?
Catalog purchases through UW Contracts offer established pricing, terms and discounts designed to offer the best overall value to customers. Ordering through the catalog is the fastest order method and the recommended first choice for purchasing goods at the UW.
Important: the best browsers to use for catalog orders are Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Chrome Browser Use for Punchout Catalog Shopping:
If using the Chrome browser, some punchout catalogs are returning a "Token Expired" error when checking out. This persisting issue is related to updated security settings for the Chrome browser, and websites have varying degrees of responses to these changes, making the shopping experience variable depending on which punchout catalog is being used.
To help with the issue, please try the following options: clear the cache on your browser, which will allow you to make a single catalog purchase before receiving the message again. When making purchases from multiple catalogs, it is instead recommended to switch browsers to Firefox or Internet Explorer for a better punchout shopping experience.
If you continue to use Chrome as a preferred browser, you will need to follow these steps for each new requisition:
1. After successfully checking out of the catalog and back in Ariba, complete and submit your order, or save it.
2. Before creating a new requisition and selecting a new catalog, clear your cache and close the Ariba tab you were using. Next, open new tab and start a new Ariba session. Do not open a new tab of Ariba without completely closing out of the previous session or you will encounter issues.
For information on clearing your cache, visit: https://itconnect.uw.edu/wares/computer-care-repair/clear-cache/
Campus should communicate with Praxair via email at UW_Orders@praxair.com. Email is preferred for documentation purposes. If necessary, campus can contact Praxair customer service at 253-620-1626.
Please note: Praxair drivers will leave delivery tickets as normal. However, no signatures will be collected from end-users (even if they are required), in order to maintain social distancing and protect both the driver and the end-user
Recently Released Catalogs
The following Ariba Catalogs have been recently added to Ariba:
Business Telecom Products, Inc (BTPI) is a local business offering smart telecom solutions including headsets and related accessories from manufacturers such as Poly and Jabra. Their new hosted catalog is now available under the OMWBE Certified Diverse Suppliers category in Ariba. BTPI (also known as Eloquent Corp) is a Minority Women Owned Enterprise (MWBE) certified by the State of Washington Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE).
Who can order?
Any employee with a UW Net ID and password can start a requisition to buy catalog items. A department Budget/Organization approver established in ASTRA will approve the requisition to become a purchase order.
How Does it Work?
- Search the catalogs in Ariba and add items to the requisition (S####)
- Submit the requisition for approval in Ariba
- Have the requisition approved by department approver
- Order (EI####) will be sent to the supplier through Ariba
- Supplier will ship items
- Supplier will submit invoices through Ariba
- Invoices can be viewed on the order in Ariba
See list of all available catalogs here.
When to use Catalogs:
- Should be considered the first buying method option when making purchases
- On-demand ordering
- Fastest delivery
Benefits of Catalogs:
- Volume and non-volume pricing discounts
- Better return policies
- Dedicated support staff
- No dollar threshold
- No Sole Source justification required
- Some catalogs support the ability to convert a quote into an order. Check the Contract Search or the supplier's catalog home page for the supplier sales representatives to request quotes and ask questions about products in and out of the catalog. Some suppliers can add items not found in the catalog to a quote for a catalog order.
- Some punchout catalogs have a function to check status of the order (Order Status, Find my Order, Order History)
- Watch the Catalog Ordering eLearning at the Training page in the "How to Buy" section.