Departments can check the payment status in ARIBA payment loop back. Payment loop back is a process which imports invoice payment information from PAS back into ARIBA for viewing.
Payment information you can see in Payment Loop:
Invoices processed via:
BPO (except wire payments)
PO - Catalog and Non-Catalog (except wire payments)
Payment information you will not see in Payment Loop:
Payments processed via:
Payments to Individual (P2I)
Foreign supplier payments (including wire payments)
Invoice number is more than 15 characters long
How to view the payment status in ARIBA:
1.Search for your invoice
2.Check the ‘Status’ field.
a. If the status is ‘Reconciled’, some payment information may be available.
b. If the status is ‘Reconciling’, the invoice reconciliation is still in process; payment information is not yet available
3. Click on the ‘Invoice ID’
4. Click on the ‘Reconciliation’ Tab
5. Click on the ‘ID’
6. Click on the ‘Payments’ Tab
7. Click on the ‘Payment Requests ID’
8. When available, the payment information should display under ‘Transaction Details’
Meaning of Checks Number prefix letters:
A - Paper Checks
R - ePayables Card
T - ACH Payments
For Stale Dating Information click Here.
Standard payment terms for the UW are 30 days from date of receipt of a properly completed invoice or goods, whichever is later. More information is available on the UW General Terms and Conditions page. Some contracts have specific payment terms so departments should reference the specific contract first.
BPO Invoices: After the department has received correctly and all exceptions have been resolved through invoice reconciliation, the received funds will be applied to the BPO invoice. The AP invoice reconciliation team's goal is to pay within 10 business days of a properly completed invoice.
ARIBA PO Invoices: After all exceptions have been resolved through invoice reconciliation, the invoice will pay. The AP invoice reconciliation team's goal is to pay within 10 business days of a properly completed invoice.
eReimbursement: For reimbursements to employees under $3,500, the eReimbursement should be available through Direct Deposit to the employee within five business days of all approvals. For reimbursements to employees over $3,500 and to non-UW employees including students, the funds are released the day after a properly completed eReimbursement is approved. Central office approvals should occur within five business days.
Non-PO Invoices: After all exceptions have been resolved through invoice reconciliation, the invoice will pay. The AP invoice reconciliation team's goal is to reconcile within 10 business days of a properly completed invoice and the invoice will pay accordingly.
P2I: Payment is mailed the day after a properly completed P2I is approved. Central office approvals should occur within 7-10 business days (NRA payment review may take longer).
Although the UW maintains payment terms according to a contract's terms, payment may be delayed because the supplier did not submit a properly completed invoice. Some of the more common problems include:
- ARIBA PO, BPO, and Non-PO Invoices:
- The department has not received the invoice or has received incorrectly (applies to BPO and specific PO invoices).
- The invoice did not contain a BPO or PO number.
- The invoice reconciliation requires AP communication with the supplier, department, or UW end-user to resolve the invoice exception. Common issues include:
- Mismatch of line items between the order and the invoice.
- The invoice date is before or after the contract period.
- The freight charge on the invoice is over $100.00.
- The budget is closed.
- The cost is different than the quoted amount and cannot be resolved through the approved Price Discrepancy Thresholds.
- The supplier has not completed the registration process.
- It is for a supplier.
- It is payment for services.
- Proper receipts are not attached.
- It is for food or meals and an attendee list was not attached.
- The TIN/SSN and payee name do not match.
- The documents submitted for review are incomplete or incorrect.
- The P2I is for a supplier (LLC).
- The P2I is for Services and the department did not attach an invoice.
- The P2I is for Associated Expenses and the department did not attach copies of receipts.
- The department combined Services and Associated Expenses on one P2I.