Type of Goods / Services How to Buy How to Pay Other Comments
Research Subject Payments Other (see comments section)

Revolving Fund, Field Advance, or Gift Card. See Research Subjects

Royalties Payments to Individuals (P2I)

See Royalities under Payment to Individuals

Scientific Supplies & Equipment Catalog Order eInvoice
Security Guards Non-Catalog Order eInvoice


Security Systems Non-Catalog Order eInvoice
Servers, IT Catalog Order eInvoice

See IT Connect for information about Servers and Storage Centers

Software Catalog Order eInvoice

See IT Connect for UWare

Standing Orders Blanket Purchase Order eInvoice
Storage Services Non-PO Invoice
Study Abroad

See Study Abroad: Proposing a Program

Subaward Blanket Purchase Order eInvoice

See the Subawards page through the Office of Sponsored Projects

Subscriptions (Journals / Publications) Non-PO Invoice

See IT Connect

Television and Video Productions Services


Temporary Services (non-patient care)

See UW Human Resources Temporary Staffing

Toxic Gases Catalog Order eInvoice

Purchase must be made from Linde in Ariba


See UW Travel

Used Goods ProCard ProCard

See UW Surplus

Utilities: Electricity, Water, Natural Gas, Sewer ProCard ProCard

Non-PO Invoicing may be used if Utility doesn't accept ProCard

UW Logos & Marks Non-Catalog Order eInvoice

Or BPO. See the Exception Items page for more information

Vehicles Blanket Purchase Order eInvoice

Ensure you contact Fleet Serviceto determine business use and minimum mileage requirements before creating a BPO.  As part of state requirements, all University vehicle assets must be managed by UW Fleet Services.  They will procure, manage and license the University vehicle asset on your behalf.

Vibration Tables Non-Catalog Order eInvoice

Or Blanket Purchase Order (BPO)

Web Design Services Non-PO Invoice
Window Treatments Facilities

See UW Facilities

X-Ray / Lasers Non-Catalog Order eInvoice

Or BPO. Procard is not allowed for this category. See the Exception Items page for more information.