- understand your responsibilities
- obtain approval(s)
- review guidelines when personal time/travel is combined with UW business (if applicable)
- review limits on type of expenses and receipt guidelines
- check with sponsoring department for additional travel requirements
- contact sponsoring department for specifics on arranging travel on your behalf
- you may arrange your own travel
- Departments may use: Central Travel Account (CTA)
- personal funds and get reimbursed
A living allowance can be issued to Foreign Nationals coming to Seattle.
In order to comply with U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, the following documentation is required if traveler is entering/leaving U.S. :
- All visa types require copy of identity page from passport and paper or electronic I-94 (highly recommend obtaining I-94 before traveler leaves)
- If the foreign national is Canadian, a copy of either his/her driver's license and social insurance card or copy of identity page in passport
- Traveler on a B2 or WT are limited to 9 days of reimbursement every 6 months.
If address is too long to fit in check delivery information...
- select UW Box
- have check sent to preparer
- reroute check through U.S. postal service