UW employees are in the best position to tell their friends and family why working at the University of Washington is so rewarding. Share the Passion. Make an Impact. Fuel our Success.
Earn up to $2,000
Award Amounts, Criteria and Timing
- Referral awards will be split into two payments: $1,000 will be paid after the referred employee completes the first day of employment and another $1,000 will be paid after the referred employee completes six months of employment.
- To be eligible to receive a referral award, the person who made the referral and the referred and hired employee must both still be employed by the University, in good standing and in pay status at the time payment is to be made. Referral payments are paid through the payroll process and are subject to all applicable deductions and taxes. Referral payments are reported as income for tax purposes.
- Current UW employees do not qualify as referred candidates.
- The employee referring the candidate should not be involved in the selection decision process of the finalist.
- The UWFT Hiring Manager who has authority to select the finalist is not eligible for the Referral Program.
For each candidate you refer, please complete the UWFT Recruitment Referral Form. Note that you’ll need your Employee Identification Number (EID), the Job Requisition Number (found on the Job Description) and posted Job Title. Please advise each referred candidate to select “Referral from Employee” in the “Please tell us how you first heard about this position” section of their UW Hires application. There will be a field for the candidate to enter your name as the referring employee.
LinkedIn Sample Language
If you’d like to share our positions on LinkedIn or other networks, here is some sample language, which you’re welcome to modify to fit your voice:
"Come join an exciting program at the UW! UW Finance Transformation (UWFT) is rapidly expanding and offers an incredible opportunity to be part of one of the UW’s biggest changes in 50 years, as we work to transform our financial infrastructure for predictable, real-time and informed decisions. We’re aiming to fill a variety of technical, functional and program support roles as soon as possible. We’re looking for smart, driven, creative problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing program environment. Most positions support a 100% remote working environment. Learn more about this dynamic program and check out our open positions: https://finance.uw.edu/uwft/contact-us/join-uwft."
Many people trust a referral or recommendation from a personal friend or former colleague over unsolicited outreach from a recruiter. Together, we can all play a role in ensuring our collective success!
UW Human Resources reserves the right to evaluate program eligibility on a case-by-case basis. The UW reserves the right to amend, interpret, terminate or suspend this program at any time.