The UW’s next Facilities and Administrative (F&A) base year occurs during fiscal year 2013. The next F&A rate negotiation will be based on financial and operational activity that occurs from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. As in the past, departmental participation in, and support of, the F&A proposal process is crucial to a successful outcome for the UW.
Management Accounting and Analysis (MAA) will provide various updates, reminders, and trainings for you through the Base Year. These are designed to prepare and guide you successfully through the process.
During the summer and early fall, departments should be focusing on the following tasks:
- Confirm and update your space inventory in GeoSIMS:
To view your departmental data, click on either the MapViewer or DataViewer.
- If assignment or ownership changes are needed, contact your Dean’s Office Facilities representative.
College of Arts and Sciences: Leita Bain (206-543-5462 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
College of the Environment: Darlene Feikema (email@example.com or 206.685.7275)
School of Medicine: Miranda Leidich (206-685-7449 or firstname.lastname@example.org )
School of Public Health: Lawrie Robertson (206-543-3813 or email@example.com)
- A detailed FAQ on space inventory basics can be found at:
- If floor plan updates are needed, contact Capital Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review all budgets for appropriate A-21 cost category classification.
- Please review, verify, and correct, if necessary, the cost categories assigned to these budgets.
- Cost category definitions and assignments generally match functional use codes for space. A listing of all budgets and related cost category assignments can be accessed through the University’s Enterprise Data Warehouse reporting tools (http://www.washington.edu/uwit/im/ds/catalog/). Access the reporting catalog and select the Custom Budget Index Report by Org Code (FIN 1012).
- Definitions are located here: /fm/maa/fa/costcats
- Changes should be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
- Track any non-reimbursable/unallowable expenses on non-sponsored budgets.
- Notate “NRA” or “non-reimbursable cost” in the comments field on the MyFD reconciliation screen or other internal online reconciliation tool for any transaction that meets the definition of a non-reimbursable cost.
- At the end of the fiscal year, MAA will collect the total dollar amount of non-reimbursable/unallowable costs for your department.
- Please contact MAA directly with questions.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for other helpful information.
If you have any questions, suggestions or other feedback, please feel free to contact any member of the project team:
- Cristi Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.543.9985)
- Brion Norton (email@example.com or 206.543.8282)
- Devon Rosencrans (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.616.8490)
- Hank Williams (email@example.com or 206.616.2069)
We are also available to meet with your department individually.