- Classroom/Online Training Opportunities
- Tentative Schedule of Training Opportunities
- eLearning Tutorials
- Supplemental Training Material
- UW Websites
- Federal Websites
Classroom/Online Training Opportunities
In an effort to provide departments with the knowledge and tools necessary to successfully manage the effort certification process, Management Accounting and Analysis (MAA) provides the following training sessions. These sessions are divided into three categories, "Introductory," "Beyond the Basics," and "Advanced."
In addition, MAA offers a certifcate program for the successful completion of eight or more of these classes. The following provides more information on the certificate program as well as the individual training sessions.
Certificate in Effort Reporting
Completion of the three "Introductory" classes and the five "Beyond the Basics" classes earns a "Certificate in Effort Reporting. Class rosters will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and individuals who qualify for the Certificate will be notified. A congratulatory email will also be sent to the participant's department administrator.
On completion of the remaining two "Advanced" classes and additional "Certificate in Advanced Effort Reporting" will be awarded.
- 1062 Introduction to Faculty Effort Certification
- 1063 Electronic Faculty Effort Certification (eFECS) for FEC Coordinators
- 1061 Grant and Contract Certification Reports
Faculty Effort Certification, Beyond the Basics Modules
Provides a more in depth review of specific and more complicated effort reporting issues.
- 2061 Modifying FECs and Processing Recertifications
- 2062 Tools and Calculators for Monitoring Effort and Adjusting FECs
Advanced Beyond the Basics Modules
- 2063 Salary Cap and Faculty Effort Certification (FEC)
- 2064 K Awards and Faculty Effort Certification (FEC)
Provides an overview of the Online FEC with definitions and terms.
Provides an overview of the Summary FEC with definitions and terms.
Detailed instructions for certifying an FEC, illustrated
Provides a basic introduction to the FEC process and eFECS system.
Designed for FEC Coordinators and Administrators
A short slide show to introduce Faculty to eFECS.
Template of the notification faculty first receive from eFECS 20 days before FECs should be certified.
Instructions for certifying an FEC.
Explains how to use MyFD's Transaction Summary Report to access salary transfers for any organization code.
Outlines the official policy for effort reporting at UW.
Outlines general information on preparing a grant. See budget section for salaries and cost sharing.
Outlines the official UW policy on salary transfers.
Outlines official UW guidelines for cost sharing on Grants and Contracts.
UW Office of Research Guidelines for Applying the new Uniform Guidance.
General information on faculty effort, certification requirements, faculty cost share, retention schedule, links to related information.
Provides an overview of cost sharing types, requirements and tools for reporting.
Provides up to date grant and contract information by budget enabling campus to better manage awards.
- Retroactive Salary Adjustment Report: Report assists department in determining when a recertification is necessary by identifying salary transactions processed after an FEC has been certified.
- Faculty Effort Certification Dashboard Report: Provides departments with current status of effort reporting by org code and FEC cycle.
- 100% Sponsor Funded Faculty Report: Displays Faculty who have made grant proposals during periods they were paid 100% from sponsored funds.
Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, & Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
Summary of salary caps for current and prior years and links to annual notice.
Information about NIH Career Development Awards (K Awards).
Instructions for deteriming full time effort for faculty with Career Development Awards (K Awards)
Mentored Career Development Awards: Change in NIH Policy Concerning Concurrent Support from Career Development Award and a Research Grant
Policy for reduction of effort on K Awards during last two years of award.