It is useful to have default TOP codes that can be inserted into the transaction record in place of incorrect or absent codes. FIN gives you the ability to designate TOP codes for an entire organization code and by an individual budget number that will be attached to transactions.
Note: Default TOP Codes are only applied when the PCA status of your organization code is "A" (Active)
FIN TOP Code Defaults
If you choose not to define default codes, the following PCA system default codes that initially appear in the Chart of Accounts for your organization code will be used:
Project Code Defaults:
- Project Close Offset: 9999P
- Restricted Fund Default: 99999X
- Salary Saving Default: 99999Y
- Indirect Cost Default: 99999Z
Task and Option Code Defaults:
- Closing (Task or Option): 99P
- Default (Task or Option): 999
FIN Nightly Processing
- If a transaction is correctly coded with a TOP code, FIN will examine the PCA index of you organization code and apply the code accordingly.
- If the coding process for a transaction falls under any of the categories below, FIN will automatically apply the appropriate default TOP code:
- when a transaction is not coded with a TOP code.
- when a transaction is coded with a TOP code, however, the code's status value is not "A" (active).
- when a transaction is coded with a project code, however, the project code is not a "lowest level" project in the project hierarchy.
- when a transaction is coded with a TOP code that is not on the PCA Index (i.e. misspelled).
- when the transaction's budget number is flagged to indicate that defaults are not to be used.
- When a default TOP code is used, a PCA Edit Code (i.e. error code) will automatically apply to transactions.
In What Order Are the Default Codes Applied?
- If PCA TOP code defaults are established by budget number, Budget Default codes will be applied
- If TOP code defaults are established for specific categories (labor, revenue, or budget transactions), those specific category defaults will be applied.
Where Will the Default Codes Appear?
Both Default and validated TOP codes will appear on the Transaction Detail Report within the MyFinancial.desktop application.