Here is the link on how to deposit a check: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/bao/creating-deposit
Click on a question below to view the answer. Limit the results by entering a search term.
Go to the Cash Transmittal webpage and click on CT Form: https://finance.uw.edu/bao/cash-receivables/cash-transmittals.
You will find instructions on how to fill out CT form there.
ACH (Automated Clearing House or Electronic Fund Transfer) – is for domestic transaction sent to UW within the United States. UW use the ACH transaction for more cost efficient.
WIRE – is for international transaction sent to UW outside United States.
Here is the link for the list of Revenue Code. http://f2.washington.edu/fm/fr/references/revenue-codes
Here is the link for the list of Expense Code. http://f2.washington.edu/fm/fr/references/object-codes
If this is a grants budget please contact email@example.com if not please contact the department budget manager and if the department has not department manager please contact the budget office.
During dual biennium processing, Ariba transactions for old and new biennium are viewable each day in the financial system. FAS processes transactions for one biennium per night. Those transactions are viewable in MyFD and the FIN driver on the following days:
FAS Accounting Months
- Month 24 = Old biennium transactions processed in June
- Month 25 = Old biennium transactions processed in July
- Month 01 = July transactions - first month of the new biennium
- Month 02 = August transactions
We do not have a EURO Zone Bank Account only US Base Bank Account therefore we do not have IBAN.
Check the Supplier Search Report in the Procurement Desktop Reports to determine if the supplier is registered in the vendor database.
Here is a summary of the commands to use in each of the respective browsers to override cache.
Firefox: command + shift + R
Chrome: shift + f5
Safari: shift + (the reload button)
Internet Explorer: ctrl + f5
Using these commands, you will be able to bypass the cache maintained by your browser.
No. Effective 11/1/2013, equipment purchases are not allowed using the Non-PO Invoice or eReimbursement modules of Ariba. M&E object codes will still be visible in these modules, but they should not be selected. If M&E codes are used, the transaction will be rejected to the department. Eventually, the M&E codes will be completely removed from these two modules of Ariba to eliminate confusion.
Review the status of your invoice in the My Documents section under the Invoicing tab. Refer to the chart below and the "Recommended Actions."
|Composing||An invoice currently being entered into ARIBA Non-PO, but not yet Submitted||Review the entered information for accuracy, then click the Submit button on the Summary page.|
|Submitted||An invoice submitted for payment and in review with the Approver or Central Office||Check the Approval Flow to see which box is Active. Contact that person or group to process the approval.|
|Reconciling||An invoice in review with Central Office for an inconsistency (i.e. a tax variance)||Contact Procurement Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the Non-PO Invoice number.|
|Reconciled||An invoice Central Office reviewed and approved. (Changes may have been made to the total invoice amount, depending on the variance||Nothing. Invoice has been sent.|
|Paying||Invoice is paid within 2 business days||Check the Non-PO Payments report in Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR).|
The delivery address determines the sales tax rate that is applied to your Non-PO invoice, when applicable. ARIBA will always use the delivery address to cross check the sales tax entered on the invoice. For this reason, always add the address where the goods physically shipped to.
You may use the UW Travel Card only for expenses related to the following official UW business while on travel status:
- UW business related travel expenses such as airfare, lodging, meals, registration, car rental, ground transportation and miscellaneous travel expenses.
- Meals associated with hosting and entertaining, however a ProCard is the preferred method for these types of purchases. (Reimbursement is based on department approval and funding source.)
- UW business related expenses such as photocopying and faxing however a ProCard is the preferred method for these types of purchases.
In addition, you may use the UW Travel Card for non-reimbursable expenses where it is not practical for a merchant to separate the non-reimbursable charges onto a different bill (e.g., in-room movie or mini-bar charges).
You must pay the full balance on the card by the next billing statement.
The UW Travel Card is issued by JPMorgan Chase directly to the user. As such, it is governed by a contract that is solely between JPMorgan Chase and the cardholder. Cardholders are personally responsible for paying all charges on the UW Travel Card.
The contract between the cardholder and the bank requires full payment of the balance by the next billing statement, and if the cardholder fails to do so, late fees begin to incur at 60 days past due and the card is suspended.
Upon receipt of complete and proper documentation, the UW Travel Office reimburses official UW travel expenses in a timely manner through the online eTravel system. As a condition of accepting reimbursement from the UW, cardholders agree to use all of the reimbursement money to pay the charges in full on the UW Travel Card.
If there is a balance on the UW Travel Card, and the reimbursement money is not used to pay the balance in full, the cardholder will be subject to corrective actions for violating the terms of this policy, and will be subject to proceedings under the State Ethics Act. Using travel reimbursements for anything other than paying the corresponding travel charges constitutes fraud and will lead to corrective actions which may also include dismissal.
The contract between the cardholder and JPMorgan Chase permits communication between the bank and UW about the status of payments to the bank, including when cardholders do not honor the obligation to pay the statement balance in full by the due date. If the UW receives notice that a statement balance has not been paid in full by the due date, UW Corporate Travel Services will contact the cardholder and the department administrator to facilitate payment.
- An account becomes 60/90 days past due.
- Two (2) dishonored checks issued to JPMorgan Chase or reversal of two electronic payments routed to the bank.
- An account is repeatedly delinquent.
- Travel reimbursement is not used to pay all corresponding charges on the account.
- Using the card for personal charges.
- Individual is no longer on the University payroll (e.g. resignation, leave of absence without pay, etc.).
- Eighteen months with no account activity.
- Failure to comply with UW and State of Washington travel regulations.
If your account is terminated for delinquency, non-payments, improper use of reimbursements, or using the card for personal charges, the account cannot be reinstated.
Cardholders must make sure the outstanding balance is paid in full to the bank and the card is turned in to the department upon separation. Any remaining default is to be charged to the University, the department will then be responsible for any remaining default owed.
All documents related to the UW Travel Card may be fully disclosed as a public record to the extent provided for by the Public Disclosure Laws.
In addition to ensuring the University of Washington is on the most current release of the Ariba software, the following enhancements are included in the 9r2 release of Ariba:
- For invoices rejected AFTER the upgrade to 9r2, the Invoices Tab of the BPO will show a status of Rejected instead of Reconciled. For those invoices, you will no longer have to navigate to the Invoice detail and then to the Invoice Reconciliation tab to determine if an invoice has been rejected. For invoices reconciled after the 9r2 implementation, the status of Reconciled, means that the invoice has been released for payment.
- You can search for invoices with a status of Rejected in the Invoice search interface. Only invoices that were Rejected after the deployment of 9r2 will be displayed.
- If you are an approver for a budget or organization, you can access all approvable types through Manage -> My To Do from the blue command bar. This provides approvers with the ability to quickly access all To Dos in once place. After selecting this option, you can either view all of your To Dos by scrolling through them, or you can filter the display by Approvable Type (i.e., Card Application, Card Limit Increase, Contract Request, Requisition) and other options such as Title, ID, Date Created, Date Submitted, Preparer, and Requester.
Please log in to the field advance dashboard to review the status of a field advance you have requested or approved. Check the appropriate box in the left-hand corner of the screen to view the field advances on the dashboard.
To determine the status, locate “Status Description” on the dashboard. Below it defines what each status represents:
In Process – The request has not been submitted for departmental approval; the custodian can still edit the request
Departmental Approval Required – The request is pending departmental approval; the custodian should contact the approver to approve the request
Central Office Approval and Processing – The field advance desk received request and it is pending their review
Waiting Funding – The field advance desk has approved the request and the funding is in pending/in progress
Current – Field advance processed and funded
NOTE: Charges for personal travel are not allowed on an Individual Travel Card.
Adding personal time/travel with a business trip is allowable only when all of the following conditions exist:
- The primary purpose of trip is official UW business
- Approved leave is used during personal portion
- UW does not incur any extra expenses beyond what it would normally incur
Click the Read More... link to review the Travel Office policies and guidelines for combining personal time/travel with a business trip.
If a new card is ordered on a field advance request, it takes up to 5-7 business days to arrive. We will notify the custodian and cardholder when we receive the Western Union debit card. The card will be available for pick up at our office or, we can send via campus mail.
Once the card is received by the cardholder, the field advance desk must be notified by email at: email@example.com so, it can be activated and loaded with funds.
To add a file with no additional spend down:
- Log on to your field advance dashboard
- Click on the pencil icon under "Edit SpendDowns"
- Click on "Create New SpendDown" Under the "SpendDowns" tab
- Attach your file
- Type, "0.00" under "SpendDown Amount in US Dollars"
- Click "Save"
- The "In Process" yellow tab will expand and if there are no additional spend downs, click "Submit" under "Submit for Approval"
In the latest release of Ariba, 9r2, the Shopping Cart icon behaves the same as clicking the Checkout button. The Summary Page provides you with full edit access to all fields of the request, including the Title, Hold Until, and On Behalf of fields. The Shopping Cart only allowed edits of quantity and line item information.
The receipts must be uploaded and saved before the budget number and object code is entered into the system.
The “In Process” yellow tab will expand. To enter the budget number to charge, click on “New Detail”. Enter the budget number and select the object code. After the information is entered, click “Save Detail” and confirmed, a new line will appear to enter another expense item. PCA Task, Option & Project are optional.
Several years ago based on campus user requirements, we created a customization to ARIBA to include the Date Attached timestamp field because the out-of-the box software did not have a field that recorded when an attachment was added.
In release 9r2, ARIBA added the Date Created field for attachments, so currently there are 2 dates for attachments:
- Date Attached – UW Customization
- Date Created – ARIBA 9r2 Enhancement
The fields are calculated differently and are populated at different times. The new Date Created field appears immediately when the user adds the attachment but has not submitted yet. The Date Attached column is blank before Submit, but then displays when you go back and view the transaction.
In a future release of the ARIBA system, we will be removing the Date Attached customized field and keeping the ARIBA Date Created field.