Please review the collection of information, FAQs, guides and tutorials in this section to help assist you through the Procurement process.
Procurement Services News
Stay informed of upcoming improvements to the many areas of Procurement Services by signing up for our bi-monthly newsletter. Each newsletter provides tips and guidance, as well as details about future system or process improvements to the many ways departments buy and pay within the UW. Click "Read More" to sign up for our eNews Subscriptions.
Ask Us Anything (About Procurement) Webcast Series
The UW Procurement Sourcing and Contracts Group is excited to offer an interactive monthly question-and-answer series designed to provide ongoing outreach and assistance to campus about Procurement buying and sourcing topics. Please let us know if there is a topic you'd like us to address at an upcoming session by sending us an email: Lynn Magill firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: Once a month
- Where: Zoom meeting
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Format: Very informal (did we say very?) Bring your questions. You ask, we answer- and also show you where and how on the screen in real time. (Think of it as your virtual information booth).
- Bonus Topic: We will also feature a different discussion-sparking topic and subject matter expert for each session. Topics may be frequently asked questions on certain commodities, or new policies and procedures.
- Discussion: not limited to the Bonus Topic, so we highly encourage and welcome open-forum style questions. These are not designed to be structured training session. Those can be found at the Webcasts web page..
To register for upcoming webcasts, go to: https://finance.uw.edu/ps/upcoming-events
Data Security Best Practices
Due to the overwhelming amount of scams and fraud in today's society, it is critical that UW employees protect UW data. See our Data Security Best Practices document for advice and links on what you can do to protect sensitive UW data.
Scam and Fraud Alerts
When Procurement Services is made aware of potentially harmful scams or fraud, every effort is made to make UW departments and, if needed, suppliers aware of the issue. Our Scam and Fraud Alerts document is designed to inform users of current and past risks and contacts if you see these issues within your department.
Clearing your Internet Browser Cache
Due to recent updates made in the Ariba system in early April 2013, some users are experiencing lag time when trying to make entries. If you are experiencing these lag times please clear your internet browser cache following these instructions.
Try this quick-fix short-cut (may not work in all browsers):
Press F5, close your browser window and then open a new window.
Mozilla Firefox (v17):
Go to : Tools->Options->Advanced Panel->Network->Cashed Web Content->Clear Now
After clearing cache log out of all browsers and restart the computer.
Internet Explorer (IE9):
- Close all browser sessions (if needed restart computer)
- Open a new Internet explorer browser, and go to delete browsing history
Go to : Tools->Internet Options->Browsing History->Delete or ctr+shift+del
- Make sure “Preserve Favorites website date” is unchecked and “Temporary Internet Files” and “Cookies” are checked
- Click Delete, it may take some time to complete
- Close browser
- Open a new browser and login into Ariba
Note: As a reminder is important to never use the back arrow on the browser, and use the “Logout” button on the screen rather than just closing the browser.