The following documents may relate to some, but not all orders placed by the University. Procurement Services buying staff will indicate which documents apply when placing an order or creating a contract.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION - ALL VENDORS:
- Vendors should not begin work or accept verbal or written approval from an individual in a department if the value of the purchase is over the "direct buy" threshold (currently $10K) without receipt of a University purchase order, with the following exceptions:
- Order is placed through a current Ariba punch-out catalog
- Procard approval has been authorized by a UW Procurement Contract Manager
- Prior approval has been obtained from a UW Procurement Contract Manager
Considerations for Federally Funded Orders
- System for Award Management (SAM) Registration: Any entity doing business with the University via a federally funded purchase order should be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Uniform Guidance: All purchases using federal funds shall be in accordance with the procurement requirements of the Uniform Guidance § 200.Subpart D, Sections 200.318-200.326
- National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA): Section 889, passed in 2020 prohibits the federal government, government contractors , and federal grant and loan recipients from procuring or using "covered telecommunication equipment or services" from specific restricted companies. By accepting a federally funded purchase order, Suppliers certify that they are in compliance with FAR 52.204.24-26 Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services-Representation. More information is available on the Post Award Fiscal Compliance (PAFC) webpage.