Important Notice: March 2020

The ProCard Office is open and available during normal business hours (9am to 4pm PST).  As normal, you can inquire via email at and continue to submit requests (i.e. temporary increase, new application, renewal) through ARIBA.


Topics Covered

Central Travel Accounts (CTA)

The Central Travel Account (CTA) allows departments to charge airline, rail/bus tickets and specified lodging as outlined below to a centrally billed "cardless" account. This is NOT individual liability requiring reimbursement- budgets are charged directly. Use of a department's Central Travel Account (CTA) account is preferred when booking airfare for efficiency and easy reconciliation.

To request a CTA account, fill out the application found in Ariba. How to Guide to filling out the CTA Application form can be found in the Tutorials and Guides section of this webpage.

For detailed information regarding travel guidelines, policies and procedures, visit the Travel Office website.

General Guidelines
  • Personal travel expenditures are prohibited on a Central Travel Account (CTA).
  • UW Student.
  • NON-UW travelers who are faculty or staff candidates are limited to per diem.
  • Lodging - Five (5) or more UW faculty/staff travelers must have prior written approval from the ProCard Office (email
  • Only room and tax should be charged on the CTA.
  • The department must obtain an itemized statement from the hotel showing the breakdown of the total charges by room, by night, and by guest name.

To watch an introductory tutorial training on CTAs, click here for the tutorials page. 

UW Individual Travel Card

The UW Travel Card is an optional, individual liability card for permanent UW faculty and staff that will be employed a minimum of six months with the University and expect to take at least two business trips per year. The UW Travel Card is to be used for official university business travel expenses only. It is not intended to be used for personal purchases.

Travel card users must seek reimbursement for travel expenses from the Travel Office using eTravel. Travel Card holders are required to pay the entire balance on the card monthly. Users who have UW Travel Cards can login to PaymentNet4 to pay their monthly balances.

To request a travel card, fill out the application found in Ariba. How to Guide to filling out the Travel Card Application form can be found in the Tutorials and Guides section of this webpage.

Passing an assessment is required in order to be assigned a travel card. A passing score is at least 11 out of 12 required questions correct. After completion and submission of this test, please review your result(s). Your score will be on the results page, just below "Total Points". The results will provide the correct answers along with an explanation of the answer.

For UW Travel Card training material, visit our training page. The training and assessment will be at the bottom of the page.

For UW Travel Card FAQs, please visit this link.


The credit line on a UW Travel Card is $5,000.  Travel charges consist of airline, hotel/motel, automobile rental, rail, taxi, etc. "Entertainment" charges consist mainly of restaurants and other eating establishments.

Billing and Reimbursement
  • The UW Travel Card is issued by JPMorgan Chase directly to the user. Cardholders are personally responsible for paying all charges on the UW Travel Card.
  • Full payment of the balance is required by the next billing statement. If the cardholder fails to make full payment, late fees begin to incur at 60 days past due and the card is suspended.
  • Upon receipt of complete and proper documentation, the UW Travel Office reimburses official travel expenses in a timely manner through the online eTravel system. As a condition of accepting reimbursement from the UW, cardholders agree to use all of the reimbursement money to pay the charges in full on the UW Travel Card.
  • If there is a balance on the UW Travel Card, and the reimbursement money is not used to pay the balance in full, the cardholder will be subject to corrective actions for violating the terms of this policy, and will be subject to proceedings under the State Ethics Act.

Card Security

The UW Travel Card should be treated with the same security as a personal credit card:

  • Keep it with you or lock it in a secure place
  • Do not write any portion of the card number down or share the number with others.
  • Only use reputable vendors
  • Do not give the card number to a merchant to "keep on file". Sending copies of the front and back of your card to vendors with whom you are doing business is discouraged. This practice opens a greater window of opportunity for fraudulent activity to be placed on the card.

Cardholders are recommended to carefully review transactions on their statement regularly to avoid any fraudulent transactions.

If fraudulent activity is found, please be sure to:

  • Immediately contact JPMC Fraud department at 1-888-307-2990 and the CTS office 206-543-5252.
  • Complete the Affidavit Form when received from JPMC within 7 business days.

The new replacement card will be sent to the CTS office within 3-5 business days. Cardholders can pick up the card at our office or request it to be forwarded to your office by emailing

Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to:

  1. JP Morgan Chase
    • Inside the U.S.: 1-800-270-7760 / 1-800-VISA-911
    • Outside the U.S./Canada: 1-801-281-5825 / 1-410-581-9994
  2. UW Procurement Card Services 206-543-5252
Account Cancellation

Request cancellation of your UW Travel Card by emailing with the name and the last 4 digits of the account number. Please note, upon separation from the UW, outstanding balances must be paid in full and canceled card will need to be turned in to your department.

Back to Top