- New Account Application Process
- Renewal Process
- CTA Rules and Responsibilities
Central Travel Account Overview
- The CTA allows departments to charge airline, rail/bus tickets and specified lodging as outlined below to a centrally billed "cardless" account.
- This is NOT an individual liability card requiring reimbursement- budgets are charged directly.
- Use of a department's CTA account is preferred when booking airfare and lodging. See specifics below in Rules and Responsibilities.
- Limits are $20,000 monthly and $10,000 single.
- Transactions are restricted to travel merchants.
- Personal travel expenditures are prohibited on a CTA, this includes incidentals.
- Lodging charged on a CTA of 4 or less UW faculty/staff is not allowed.
- If 5 or more UW faculty/staff are lodging at the same hotel for the same time period, the CTA may be used with prior written approval from The ProCard Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For lodging, only room and tax is allowed on the CTA.
- The department must obtain an itemized statement from the hotel showing the breakdown of the total charges by room, by night, and by guest name.
- Review Central Travel Account Training – no assessment required
- Learn department specific guidelines from your department
- Receive approval via Ariba application
- Must abide by all Washington State & UW Purchasing regulations
New Account Application Process (CTA)
CTAs do not require an assessment.
Step 1: Review CTA Training video.
Step 2: Complete and submit a CTA application in Ariba (Home/Create/Card Application/Type of Card/CTA) on behalf of the department.
NOTE: An email is sent to the applicant with the new CTA information and activation instructions. A physical card is not mailed.
Renewal Process (CTA)
CTAs auto renew and the new information will be emailed to the account holder once the information has arrived in the ProCard office approximately 4-6 weeks prior to month end of the expiration date. No action required.