- Getting Paid
- Maintaining Your Profile
- Supplier Diversity
- Supplier Orientation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission - U.S. companies having business with the University of Washington are required to complete a Supplier Registration Form (SRF)
- Note: foreign suppliers do not submit the SRF; visit our webpage detailing the steps required
- Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification - UW verifies supplier's TIN with IRS
- Electronic Payment Enrollment - Supplier must complete the enrollment process for electronic payments
- Ariba Network Registration - Only Required for Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) - Supplier joins the Ariba Network to transact with UW electronically, and be available for BPOs; supplier should check with their UW department contact for applicability; BPOs are not always required
The University is committed to paying its suppliers in the fastest and most efficient fashion possible. Below are requirements to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines:
University of Washington payments terms are Net 30 days from receipt of goods or properly completed invoice, whichever is later; payment in advance (including deposits) is prohibited except in limited situations
Suppliers should bill separately for each UW Purchase Order; invoices referencing multiple Purchase Orders are not accepted
- Suppliers should bill the UW only for items shipped or services already provided
- Suppliers should submit an invoice to the University of Washington based on the instructions included on the purchase order; suppliers who are part of the Ariba Network must invoice using the Network and purchases with Medical Center entities may have other instructions
- Suppliers should provide complete and accurate information; using your company invoice, provide the following:
- UW-issued Purchase Order (PO) or Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) number
- Shipping address
- Remit-to address
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- UW customer contact (the person who placed the order)
- Separate line item charges and brief description for each item, matching the Purchase Order
- Sales tax when applicable
- Clearly marked invoice dollar total
Suppliers are expected to communicate with our central office to keep their company data current.
Changes to addresses and some information is easily communicated to VControl@uw.edu. Registered UW suppliers who are regularly paid by UW and have an address change or addition do NOT need to submit the Supplier Registration Form; suppliers should contact VControl@uw.edu directly with a copy of their W-9 and explanation for the adjustment to addresses currently on file with UW.
Other company changes, such as business name or Taxpayer ID Number, require a new Supplier Registration Form (online Substitute W-9) to be submitted; see our UW Supplier Registration website for more information.
Are indicated as being purchased for resale;
Are indicated as being purchased for use in doctor prescribed treatment of medical patients;
Are indicated as being delivered (shipped) directly to an out-of-state address;
Or, are otherwise specifically exempted from sales tax by the Revised Code of Washington
For more information, consult the tax website.
In addition to ensuring that all aspects of the University’s relationships with suppliers are held to the highest ethical and professional standards, Procurement Services is also dedicated to insuring the equality of business opportunities for small, minority and women-owned businesses. Please see our dedicated procurement diversity webpage for more information.
Register to attend a virtual workshop: "How to do Business with the State," offered by Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES), Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and the University of Washington. (September Session TBD)
We’re pleased to offer monthly orientations for new and existing suppliers to the University of Washington. The orientations will provide a learning opportunity to assist in navigating potential business prospects at the University. Suppliers will receive information about the University’s purchasing and payment processes. Orientation sessions are held at various locations on the Seattle, Bothell and Tacoma Campuses. Each session is limited to 15 attendees and will include a short presentation and an opportunity to network with other suppliers, UW Procurement Services, UW Business Diversity, UW Foster School Consulting and Business Development and State Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Procurement staff.
When Sessions resume:
Please register for a session convenient for you. The registration includes a short survey that will provide us information about your business so we can address the potential business opportunities for your company.
Most orientations are scheduled 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm. Specific location details and times are included in the registration form.