IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR SUPPLIERS, VENDORS AND CONTRACTORS REGARDING VACCINE REQUIREMENT
The University of Washington is requiring all suppliers, vendors and contractors working on-site at any UW facility to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved exemption in accordance with the Governor’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Proclamation 21-14. The company's contractors and employees are prohibited from engaging in work for an operator of an educational setting, and the operator of the educational setting is prohibited from permitting such employees to engage in work for them, unless the requirements of the Proclamation are met, the company has declared as such, and the company is featured on the list of declaring companies linked below. For more information, please see a copy of our notification that was sent on September 9, 2021 to our current suppliers, vendors and contractors.
Please note: Proclamations 21-14.2, 21-14.3, 21-14.4 and 21-14.5 have been issued since the original; most notably the definition of "on-site volunteer" or "on-site contractor" no longer includes "A volunteer or contractor who engages primarily in outdoor work that does not include the delivery of health care services" as of May 20, 2022.
As a supplier, vendor or contractor of the University, you are responsible for 1) determining whether the Proclamation applies to you and 2) ensuring your representatives, including employees and subcontractors, comply with this requirement. To confirm compliance, all suppliers and vendors working on-site at a University of Washington location must complete and return the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Declaration form.
For questions about these requirements, please first review the Proclamation above, and review the FAQs from the Office of the Governor.
Suppliers, vendors and contractors must also follow all current safety policies as stated in the posted COVID-19 Health & Safety Resources.
The list of companies* who have completed the declaration will be updated weekly, usually by Monday.
*Please note: Per section 4 of the Governor’s Proclamation, the University of Washington has elected to require the employers of all workers and contractors (i.e. the supplier/vendor/company) to assume responsibility for vaccination verification and accommodation requirements of their employees. The Declaration form, while signed by an individual, is used to declare that "the Company" has met all of the vaccine verification and accommodation requirements. Forms are only needed from individuals, and individual names will only be featured on the list, when the form is submitted by independent contractors.
- Getting Paid
- Maintaining Your Profile
- Supplier Diversity
- Supplier Orientation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission - U.S. companies having business with the University of Washington are required to complete a Supplier Registration Form (SRF)
- Note: foreign suppliers do not submit the SRF; visit our webpage detailing the steps required
- Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification - UW verifies supplier's TIN with IRS
- Payment Enrollment - Supplier must complete the enrollment process for electronic payments
- SAP Business Network (also known as Ariba Network) - Only Required for Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) - Supplier joins the Ariba Network to transact with UW electronically; supplier should check with their UW department contact for applicability, as BPOs are not always required
The University is committed to paying its suppliers in the fastest and most efficient fashion possible. Below are requirements to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines:
University of Washington payments terms are Net 30 days from receipt of goods or properly completed invoice, whichever is later; payment in advance (including deposits) is prohibited except in limited situations
Suppliers should bill separately for each UW Purchase Order; invoices referencing multiple Purchase Orders are not accepted
- Suppliers should bill the UW only for items shipped or services already provided
- Suppliers should submit an invoice to the University of Washington based on the instructions included on the purchase order; suppliers who are part of the Ariba Network must invoice using the Network and purchases with Medical Center entities may have other instructions
- Suppliers should provide complete and accurate information; using your company invoice, provide the following:
- UW-issued Purchase Order (PO) or Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) number
- Shipping address
- Remit-to business name and address
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- UW customer contact (the person who placed the order)
- Separate line item charges and brief description for each item, matching the Purchase Order
- Sales tax when applicable
- Clearly marked invoice dollar total
Suppliers are expected to communicate with our central office to keep their company data current.
Changes to business addresses are easily communicated to VControl@uw.edu. UW suppliers who are regularly paid by UW and have an address change or addition do not need to submit the Supplier Registration Form. Suppliers should contact VControl@uw.edu directly with a copy of their W-9 featuring their current EIN and explanation for the adjustment to addresses currently on file with UW. Please note: Individuals and Sole Proprietors using an SSN as their Taxpayer Identification Number should simply email VControl@uw.edu to request address changes, and the UW team will verify the individual's identity; please do not send any correspondence including SSN via email.
Company changes, such as changes to Taxpayer ID Number and business name (including trade names or Doing Business As names) require the submission of a new Supplier Registration Form (online Substitute IRS W-9); see our UW Supplier Registration website for more information and to begin the submission process.
The University of Washington research receives a significant amount of funding from federal sources.
Any supplier doing business with the University via a federally-funded purchase order over $35,000 must maintain separately their profile in the System for Award Management (SAM)
All purchases using federal funds shall be in accordance with the procurement requirements of the Uniform Guidance § 200.Subpart D, Sections 200.318-200.326
By accepting a federally-funded purchase order, the supplier certifies that they are in compliance with FAR 52.204.24-26 Covered Telecommunications Equipment and Services
Are indicated as being purchased for resale;
Are indicated as being purchased for use in doctor prescribed treatment of medical patients;
Are indicated as being delivered (shipped) directly to an out-of-state address;
Or, are otherwise specifically exempted from sales tax by the Revised Code of Washington
For more information, consult the tax website.
In addition to ensuring that all aspects of the University’s relationships with suppliers are held to the highest ethical and professional standards, Procurement Services is also dedicated to ensuring the equality of business opportunities for small, minority and women-owned businesses. Please see our dedicated procurement diversity webpage for more information.
We are pleased to offer monthly orientations for new and existing suppliers to the University of Washington. The orientations provide a learning opportunity to assist in navigating potential business prospects at the University and with other state agencies, as well as providing educational and resources to assist businesses. Orientation sessions are virtual and will include representatives from the University, State of Washington Department of Enterprise Services (DES), Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE), UW Foster School Consulting and Business Development Center and the Minority Business Development Agency of Tacoma (MBDA), and Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
- The following virtual sessions are from 10:30 am - Noon (Pacific Time)
- Registration link for the following sessions:
- July 7, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- September - no session
- October 6, 2022
- November 3, 2022
- December 1, 2022