- Getting Paid
- Maintaining Your Profile
- Supplier Diversity
- Supplier Orientation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Complete Registration - US-based companies who wish to do business with the University of Washington are required to complete a Supplier Registration Form (SRF). (Estimated time to process – 2-3 business days)
- Verify Taxpayer ID Number - UW verifies Tax ID number with IRS (Estimated time to process – 7 business days)
- Electronic payment enrollment - Supplier must complete the enrollment process for electronic payments. (Estimated time to process – 2-5 weeks)
- Enable ARIBA Network access - Supplier joins the Ariba Network eCommerce system to access all procurement transactions, including BPOs; check with your department contact for applicability. (Estimated time to process – 1-3 weeks)
- Unlike domestic businesses, foreign individuals and entities do not complete the UW Supplier Registration Form.
- Foreign individuals should refer to the UW Global Operations Support page regarding Foreign National Payments and Tax for more information.
- For information regarding tax forms for foreign payees, and the taxability of payments to foreign vendors, see the Tax Office webpage Tax Forms for Foreign Payees.
- For more information regarding foreign suppliers, visit our page detailing the various steps required.
The University is committed to paying its suppliers in the fastest and most efficient fashion possible. Below are requirements to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines:
University of Washington payments terms are Net 30 days from receipt of goods or properly completed invoice, whichever is later. Payment in advance (including deposits) is prohibited excepted in limited situations.
New suppliers must complete the online UW Supplier Registration Form and enroll for electronic payments before an invoice can be paid.
- Suppliers should bill separately for each UW Purchase Order; invoices referencing multiple Purchase Orders are not accepted.
- Suppliers should bill the UW only for items shipped or services already provided.
- Suppliers should submit an invoice to the University of Washington based on the instructions included on the purchase order; suppliers who are part of the Ariba Network must invoice using the Network.
- Suppliers should provide complete and accurate information. Using your company invoice, provide the following information:
- UW-issued Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) or Purchase Order (PO) number
- Shipping address
- Remit-to address
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- UW customer contact (the person who placed the order)
- Separate line item charges and brief description for each item as listed on the Purchase Order
- Sales tax when applicable
- Clearly marked invoice total
Suppliers are expected to communicate with our central office to keep their company data current. Changes to addresses and some information is easily communicated to VControl@uw.edu. Other company changes, such as business name or Taxpayer ID Number, require a new Supplier Registration Form (online Substitute W-9) to be submitted. See our UW Supplier Registration website for more information.
The UW is not tax exempt, so therefore tax must be included on all invoices unless the items ordered:
- Are indicated as being purchased for resale;
- Are indicated as being purchased for use in doctor prescribed treatment of medical patients;
- Are indicated as being delivered (shipped) directly to an out-of-state address;
- Or, are otherwise specifically exempted from sales tax by the Revised Code of Washington.
For more information, consult the tax website.
Tax Forms for Foreign Payees
Foreign suppliers are encouraged to provide the appropriate IRS tax form(s) to any requesting department prior to doing business with the University.
For information regarding tax forms for foreign payees, and the taxability of payments to foreign vendors, see the University of Washington Tax Office's page Tax Forms for Foreign Payees.
Register to attend a virtual workshop June 23, 2020 on How to do Business with the State, offered by Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES), Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and the University of Washington. (Registration link)
We’re pleased to offer monthly orientations for new and existing suppliers to the University of Washington. The orientations will provide a learning opportunity to assist in navigating potential business prospects at the University. Suppliers will receive information about the University’s purchasing and payment processes. Orientation sessions are held at various locations on the Seattle, Bothell and Tacoma Campuses. Each session is limited to 15 attendees and will include a short presentation and an opportunity to network with other suppliers, UW Procurement Services, UW Business Diversity, UW Foster School Consulting and Business Development and State Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Procurement staff.
Please register for a session convenient for you. The registration includes a short survey that will provide us information about your business so we can address the potential business opportunities for your company.
August 19, 2020 (Register Here)
September 23, 2020 (Register Here)
October 21, 2020 (Register Here)
November 18, 2020 (Register Here)
December 2020 - No session
Most orientations are scheduled 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm. Specific location details and times are included in the registration form.