- Getting Paid
- Maintaining Your Profile
- Supplier Diversity
- Supplier Orientation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission - U.S. companies having business with the University of Washington are required to complete a Supplier Registration Form (SRF)
- Note: foreign suppliers do not submit the SRF; visit our webpage detailing the steps required
- Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification - UW verifies supplier's TIN with IRS
- Electronic Payment Enrollment - Supplier must complete the enrollment process for electronic payments
- SAP Business Network (also known as Ariba Network) Registration - Only Required for Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) - Supplier joins the Ariba Network to transact with UW electronically, and be available for BPOs; supplier should check with their UW department contact for applicability; BPOs are not always required
The University is committed to paying its suppliers in the fastest and most efficient fashion possible. Below are requirements to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines:
University of Washington payments terms are Net 30 days from receipt of goods or properly completed invoice, whichever is later; payment in advance (including deposits) is prohibited except in limited situations
Suppliers should bill separately for each UW Purchase Order; invoices referencing multiple Purchase Orders are not accepted
- Suppliers should bill the UW only for items shipped or services already provided
- Suppliers should submit an invoice to the University of Washington based on the instructions included on the purchase order; suppliers who are part of the Ariba Network must invoice using the Network and purchases with Medical Center entities may have other instructions
- Suppliers should provide complete and accurate information; using your company invoice, provide the following:
- UW-issued Purchase Order (PO) or Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) number
- Shipping address
- Remit-to address
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- UW customer contact (the person who placed the order)
- Separate line item charges and brief description for each item, matching the Purchase Order
- Sales tax when applicable
- Clearly marked invoice dollar total
Suppliers are expected to communicate with our central office to keep their company data current.
Changes to addresses and some information is easily communicated to VControl@uw.edu. Registered UW suppliers who are regularly paid by UW and have an address change or addition do NOT need to submit the Supplier Registration Form; suppliers should contact VControl@uw.edu directly with a copy of their W-9 and explanation for the adjustment to addresses currently on file with UW.
Other company changes, such as business name or Taxpayer ID Number, require a new Supplier Registration Form (online Substitute W-9) to be submitted; see our UW Supplier Registration website for more information.
*The University of Washington research receives a significant amount of funding from federal sources. Any Supplier doing business with the University via a federally funded purchase order over $35,000 must maintain their profile in the System for Award Management (SAM).
All purchases using federal funds shall be in accordance with the procurement requirements of the Uniform Guidance § 200.Subpart D, Sections 200.318-200.326
By accepting a federally funded purchase order, Supplier certifies that they are in compliance with FAR 52.204.24-26 Covered Telecommunications Equipment and Services.
Are indicated as being purchased for resale;
Are indicated as being purchased for use in doctor prescribed treatment of medical patients;
Are indicated as being delivered (shipped) directly to an out-of-state address;
Or, are otherwise specifically exempted from sales tax by the Revised Code of Washington
For more information, consult the tax website.
In addition to ensuring that all aspects of the University’s relationships with suppliers are held to the highest ethical and professional standards, Procurement Services is also dedicated to insuring the equality of business opportunities for small, minority and women-owned businesses. Please see our dedicated procurement diversity webpage for more information.
Registration Information Regarding Virtual Workshops for Suppliers
We’re pleased to offer monthly orientations for new and existing suppliers to the University of Washington. The orientations will provide a learning opportunity to assist in navigating potential business prospects at the University and with other state agencies, as well as educational and other resources to assist businesses. Orientation sessions are virtual and will include representatives from the University, State of Washington Department of Enterprise Services (DES), Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE), UW Foster School Consulting and Business Development Center and the Minority Business Development Agency of Tacoma (MBDA), and Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
- The following virtual sessions are from 10:30 am - noon)
- August 5, 2021: Registration Link
- September: No session
- October 14, 2021: Registration Link
- November 8, 2021: Registration Link
- December 9, 2021: Registration Link