Click on a question below to view the answer. Limit the results by entering a search term.

Yes, a Custodian can have multiple field advances as long as they are not overdue.  The field advance must be reconciled in the order received.  In addition, the dates of the receipts must match the date range the advance was open to final accounting date. 

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:

  1. From your Control Panel, go to “System and Security” and click on “System”.
  2. Under System, you can view the system type.

If your computer is running Windows XP, do the following:

  1. Click Start.
  2. Right-click “My Computer”, and then click “Properties”.
    If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.  If you do not see that, you are running the 32-bit version.

For any card that falls under company US01745 (UW Corporate Travel Accounts), the Pin is optional; it may not be requested at the point of sale.  It is up to the merchant whether or not they require the Pin. It is an extra added layer of security.

Can you please provide the following information so we can process your order?

  • I will need a copy of the very last deposit slip from the very last deposit book you have.
  • How many carbons copy do you need with your deposit slips? (up to three carbons are available)

We will need the following information before we can provide the account information:

  • How much are you expecting in USD?
  • When are you expecting the funds?
  • Who is sending the money? Name and Address
  • Is this a Domestic or International transaction?

How many deposit bag do you need?

  • What size do you need?
    • Checks, Currency and Coin (limited only up to $25 coins)
      • Small (BAUB13 – 9X13)
      • Large (BAUB17 – 12X17)
    • Coin Bags (only for coins NO currency)
      • BACOIN25 (11X12) – (limited only up to $50 coins)
      • BACOIN50 (14X17) – (limited only up to $100 coins)

How many deposit bag do you need?

  • What size do you need?
    • Checks, Currency and Coin (limited only up to $25 coins)
      • Small (BAUB13 – 9X13)
      • Large (BAUB17 – 12X17)
    • Coin Bags (only for coins NO currency)
      • BACOIN25 (11X12) – (limited only up to $50 coins)
      • BACOIN50 (14X17) – (limited only up to $100 coins)

ARIBA is not currently compatible with 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer. We have worked with Nebula to offer a Mozilla Firefox browser that is optimized for ARIBA.

Download instructions and more information is available at

  1. You will just need to create a new CT online but use the exact same CT number, bank sequence #, date, etc.
  2. Enter the original entry as a credit(minus) amount using the same budget number and object code as the original submission
  3. On the second line enter the line using the desire budget number and object code and the amount as a debit
  4. The total of the CT will be zero. Then submit

Go to the Cash Transmittal webpage and click on CT Form:

You will find instructions on how to fill out CT form there. 

Domestic or International?


ACH (Automated Clearing House or Electronic Fund Transfer) – is for domestic transaction sent to UW within the United States. UW use the ACH transaction for more cost efficient.

WIRE – is for international transaction sent to UW outside United States.

Here is the link for the list of Revenue Code.

Here is the link for the list of Expense Code.

If this is a grants budget please contact if not please contact the department budget manager and if the department has not department manager please contact the budget office.

Review the status of your invoice in the My Documents section under the Invoicing tab. Refer to the chart below and the "Recommended Actions."

Composing An invoice currently being entered into ARIBA Non-PO, but not yet Submitted Review the entered information for accuracy, then click the Submit button on the Summary page.
Submitted An invoice submitted for payment and in review with the Approver or Central Office Check the Approval Flow to see which box is Active. Contact that person or group to process the approval.
Reconciling An invoice in review with Central Office for an inconsistency (i.e. a tax variance) Contact Procurement Customer Service at and provide the Non-PO Invoice number.
Reconciled An invoice Central Office reviewed and approved. (Changes may have been made to the total invoice amount, depending on the variance Nothing. Invoice has been sent.
Paying Invoice is paid within 2 business days Check the Non-PO Payments report in Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR).


Invoices rejected PRIOR to the September 8, 2015 deployment of 9r2 will have a status of Reconciled. However, the status of Rejected is on the associated Invoice Reconciliation, accessed using the Reconciliation tab on the Invoice.

Also, you can use the Search option for Invoice Reconciliation to locate a batch of rejected BPO invoice reconciliations prior to the 9r2 deployment based on various search criteria. From there, you can navigate and locate the associated BPOs and Invoices.

To search for Invoice Reconciliations with a status of Rejected:

  1. Click Search in the blue command bar.
  2. Select Invoice Reconciliation from the drop-down.
  3. Ensure the Status, Contract ID and Rejected Date fields are visible in the Search Filter window. If they are not, click the Search Options link in the upper right-hand corner, and select Status, Contract ID and Rejected Date.
  4. Enter BPO into the Contract ID field to find Invoice Reconciliations for BPOs only.
  5. Select a Custom date range for the Rejected Date field prior to Sept. 8, 2015. For example, August 3, 2015 to September 4, 2015.
  6. Click on the drop-down arrow for the Status field and select Rejected.
  7. Optionally, you can add other search filters such as Requester (BPO Contact) and Supplier.
  8. Click Search.
  9. Invoice Reconciliations with a status of Rejected meeting the Search filter criteria should appear in the Search Results.
  10. Click on the IR ID number to view the details of the Invoice Reconciliation. The BPO and Invoice numbers are in the header Invoice Reconciliation detail. In addition, you can easily navigate to either the Invoice or the BPO by clicking on the Invoice or Contracts tab, respectively.


Below is a screen capture of an example search for BPO Invoice Reconciliations with a Status of Rejected:

Account Codes

Best practice is for advertising charges to be paid by Procard. Employees should not use their personal funds to pay for this type of service. At this time, account code 03-21 for Advertising will not be added to the eReimbursement portion of ARIBA.

For the best view of how your department spends money, we recommend using the account code that best fits the purchased good or service.

Please refer to the account code website located at:

You might also find it helpful to visit the taxability grid at the Tax Office web page, located at:

Click here for a list of all object (expense) codes.


AP Process

If you discover a duplicate payment for an order, contact Procurement Customer Service at Please include the date of the original and duplicate payments, the budget number(s), the PO number(s), and the account code(s) charged. We will assist you in getting a refund for the duplicate payment.

No, the University cannot send checks in foreign currency. However, we can send wire transfers in foreign currency. See the Wire Payments page for more information.

If the original charge was processed on an invoice through Accounts Payable or through an ARIBA module, please submit your correction through Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR). Go to the "Use Tax History" report and submit your request from there. Typically, taxes can only be added or reversed for the last 3 months.

If the original charge was processed through Procard, first review the transaction in PaymentNet. If the month has not yet closed, simply check or uncheck the use tax box by the transaction. If the month has closed already. please submit your correction through Procurement Desktop Reports (PDR).

For questions and inquiries about the Use Tax Report, please contact Procurement Customer Service at 206-543-4500 or email them at

Invoices are submitted by different methods, depending on the order type.

  • Catalog Ordering: The supplier should submit the invoice electronically through ARIBA
  • Non-Catalog Ordering:
    • Enabled supplier orders- The supplier must submit the invoice electronically through ARIBA
    • Manual orders- The supplier should submit the invoice by email to
  • For BPOs: The supplier must submit the invoice electronically through ARIBA
  • Non-PO Invoice: The department should submit a Non-PO Invoice form and attach the supplier's invoice copy

    All invoices should be in English, or have an official translation on file for audit purposes. Official translations are at the department or vendor expense, depending on the contract. Accounts Payable will accept invoices in foreign languages only when the department includes an approved invoice voucher with the invoice. The currency and amount to be paid should be specified on the invoice voucher. If foreign currency is requested, then wire transfer instructions must also be provided.

    Departments can purchase gift cards for employee recognition using the Procard. However, the gift must be reported to Payroll because the gift is taxable. See Employee Recognition.