The University seeks to transform its financial systems, processes and policies to achieve productivity gains, streamline processes, and satisfy regulatory and compliance obligations, while providing institutional and unit management.
Provost Mark Richards and President Ana Mari Cauce deem UW Finance Transformation as one of the University’s top strategic priorities and are committed to supporting the effort.
What is UWFT doing?
The scope of UWFT’s program work includes implementing the following three components:
- New system (how activities are done)
- New business processes (what activities are done)
- New operating model (where activities are done)
What does this mean?
- The way we access and view reports will change
- The way we budget will change
- The way we buy and requisition will change
- The way we close the books will change
- The way we describe things will change
- The way we interact with other business systems and tool will change
What is out-of-scope?
- Children’s University Medical Group
- Metro Tract
- Other 501c3 and affiliated organziations (KEXP, KUOW, etc.)
- Portage Bay
- Real Estate Entities
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (except for Supply Chain)
- UW Alumni Association
- UW Foundation
- UW registered entities abroad or established outside US
- Valley Medical Center