This site shows how to process JVs. For Sponsored Budgets (6x-xxxx or 80-xxxx) please contact Grant and Contract Accounting. For JVs related to salary, please contact Payroll.
Submit a JV
Submitting JVs on MyFD and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting a copy of a JV
Table showing JVs and where they originated. Contacts and instructions for finding a JV.
Additional JV resources
Reports to see a JV, and additional ways to track a JV.
Submit a JV via MyFD
Journal Vouchers (JVs) - New Feature Releasing August 6th, 2018!
Beginning August 6, 2018, the Inquiry and Expense Transfer ASTRA actions will also be able to process Journal Vouchers in MyFD
The Journal Voucher feature allows MyFinancial.desktop (MyFD) users to create entries against a budget or general ledger. The Journal Voucher tool within MyFD is the new process for submitting JVs previously emailed to email@example.com.
Please visit the MyFD webpage to learn more.
Submit to JVreq@uw.edu
***Please contact MyFDhelp@uw.edu if you feel like you're a candidate to continue using JVreq@uw.edu
JV's presented to JVreq by noon on the second business day of a month can be recorded as prior month activity. Include an email in the "copy dist" section if you'd like a confirmation sent once the JV has been uploaded.
*Cutoff time for same-day JV upload is 12 pm*
**All JV forms that are modified will be returned for correction.**
***It is the responsibility of campus department's to keep copies of all accounting entries. Be sure to keep copies of the accounting entry and all associated support. For more information, please view the Files Management page.***
All requests require the following information:
- Budget number or fund to debit (the budget receiving the charge)
- Budget number or fund to credit (the budget receiving the funds)
- Revenue codes, expenditure codes, or general ledger account codes for both debit and credit entries
- Revenue Codes Reference Link: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/fa/references/revenue-codes
- Expenditure Codes Reference Link: http://f2.washington.edu/fm/fa/references/object-codes
- Debit and credit amounts
- Detailed Description
- Name and department contact phone number of the person preparing the JV or requesting memo
- Name and phone number of the person approving the JV (Note: the person approving the JV must be different than the person preparing the JV)
- If transferring costs for equipment over $2,000, a UW equipment tag number needs to be provided
- During year end and biennium cross over periods the "Period Journal Voucher Should Be Recorded" drop down box must be populated.
**For an informational view of any JV you can go to the BI Portal at https://biportal.uw.edu/Report?toggleSlice=3 . Then search for "Journal Voucher Detail" in the search box.
|JVA||0001-Z999||Field Advance & Card Loadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|JVC||0001-9999||Grant and Contract Accounting - Cash Desk|
|JVE||0001-9999||Grant and Contract Accounting||Prior to 12-1-06, UWEO or GCA|
|JVF||0001-9999||UW Educational Outreach||
|JVFA||001-999||Office of Development and Alumni Relations||Finance and Administration|
|JVG||0001-8999||Grant and Contract Accounting - RTE Desk|
|JVG||9000-9999||Grant and Contract Accounting - EFT Desk|
|JVGR||001-999||Office of Development and Alumni Relations||Payroll Deduction Gifts|
|JVGP||001-999||Office of Development and Alumni Relations||Gift Processing|
|JVH||0001-9999||Harborview Medical Center|
|JVHO||001-999||Campus HR Opers (Shared Leave JVs)|
|JVIL||001-999||Internal Lending Program, Treasury||Vera Kiritchouk (206) 616-3185|
|JVIN||001-999||Treasury Office||Vivianne Yang (206) 221-7239|
|JVR||0001-9999||Grant and Contract Accounting|
|JVX||0001-9999||Financial Reporting||If you do not find the JVX in MyFinancial.desktop,request a copy with this email@example.com|
|JVW||0001-Z999||Procurement Services||Wire payments are not scanned, but a copy is sent to the department contact who requested the payment.
|RST||0001-9999||Payroll - retroactive Salary Transfer|
|JV#aaaa||My Financial Desktop||JV+ 1 numeric character + 4 alpha characters|
|JVaaaaa||Student Fiscal Services||JV + 5 alpha characters|
|JVA-X||alpha-numeric combo||Student Fiscal Services|
|JVU||alpha-numeric combo||UWMC||Contact UWMC accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org|
This report shows the debit and credit of a JV from the budget side only.
Using the originating area code in MyFD to track a JV
The easiest way to track a JV is using the JV number. You can use the originating area code to find out the department that uploaded the JV.
- Log into MyFinancial.desktop (http://myfd.washington.edu).
- Navigate to the Transaction Summary Report and month/year in which the JV posted.
- Expand the account code where the JV posted and click on the description of the JV.
- In the Transaction Detail Report scroll down to the originating area code and make note of the code listed
- Click on the code. The MyFD Glossary will open and a list of department contacts, by originating area code, will be displayed.