Employment Taxes & Licensing

Host Country Employment and Social Taxes

The UW intends to be in compliance with all relevant host country laws regarding employment-related income and social security taxes, where the university has an established legal presence. Some countries have a totalization agreement with the U.S. government that exempts U.S. persons who work in the host country from local social security tax requirements for a limited period of time. Consult the UW Tax Director on the UW Global Single Points of Contact list for more information about this policy and any impact it may have on the activity’s budget.

Foreign Professional Licensing Requirements

Determine if there are licensing requirements in the host country (e.g., health care provider, engineer, psychologist, architect, etc.) that would apply to a UW employee working on a project in that country.

Powered by Drupal