Topics Covered Below
The University is transitioning from its legacy purchasing system to the ARIBA eCommerce platform for its procurement transactions. The University will contact its UW-Registered suppliers and provide instructions on how to enroll in the program as part of this transition.
Important: This is a separate process from the Supplier Registration Form and Electronic Payment Registration.
Registering for the ARIBA Network will allow you to:
- Receive purchase orders electronically from the University
- Create and transmit invoices electronically to the University
- Leverage the full suite of UW buying options, including Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs)
- Expand business opportunities through exposure to other potential customers using the ARIBA Network
Note: There is no commitment or guaranteed business as a result of becoming a registered ARIBA or University supplier.
Suppliers will be contacted by the University of Washington to assist with enabling them on the ARIBA Network.
1. The University will send an email inviting you to join the ARIBA Network. It will be from ordersender-prodansmp.ariba.com. The subject line will read: "University of Washington is converting to document exchange on the ARIBA Network."
- Complete your company profile (company information and the products or services you offer)
- Review & Accept Trading Relationship
- Configure PO and Invoice Routing and Notification
3. Once your account is properly configured, you’ll be ready to transact with UW electronically. UW will send a purchase order as soon as one is available.
You might receive additional emails to confirm certain tasks are completed. For example, you might receive an email with instructions on how to confirm that your account is properly configured to receive purchase orders electronically.
If contact is made with an individual that is the wrong contact person in your organization for this enhanced transaction functionality, you may provide a better contact person by forwarding either email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a supplier that has received a communication to register in the program and have additional questions?
Review our ARIBA Network FAQs
Visit the Getting Started on the Network section of the ARIBA website. On this website, click "Getting Started" to reach the downloadable pdf guide.
What Happens When a Supplier is part of the ARIBA Network
When a supplier joins the ARIBA Network, their transactions in ARIBA will change from a manual ordering and invoicing process to an electronic process with less resources needed to place orders and reconcile invoices. The University takes the extra measure of communicating with newly enabled suppliers with a Welcome email and when the supplier receives their first order over the ARIBA Network.
How To Check If a Supplier is Part of the ARIBA Network
Review your preferred supplier on the Supplier Search PDR. In the Supplier Attributes area, a column showing ARIBA Network will show "Y" (Yes) if the supplier is part of the ARIBA Network or "N" (No) if the supplier is not on the Network (and is therefore a manual supplier).
How To Get Your Preferred Supplier Invited to Join the ARIBA Network
1. The department should submit the ARIBA Supplier Network Registration Request webform with supplier number and contact information to request that the invite be sent to your preferred supplier.
- The webform is also accessible from the ARIBA Buying Portal webpage. In the Do You Need Help? section, click the link for "My supplier is not available to create a Blanket Purchase Order." This will also open the ARIBA Supplier Network Registration Request webform.
2. The ARIBA team will send the email invitation to join the ARIBA Network, called the Trading Relationship Request (TRR), to your supplier in approximately 2 business days.
3. Once requested, your preferred supplier must take the action identified in the TRR as soon as possible and complete all required ARIBA tasks.
ARIBA Network Enablement Timeline and Status
Timeline: Once a supplier receives the email from UW inviting them to join the ARIBA Network, they must click on the link in the email that says "Click here to proceed" and complete all required ARIBA tasks.
Suppliers are able to take action on all ARIBA tasks in the same day, however, many do not. For this reason, the process can be as short as one business day up to several weeks.
Status: For information regarding your supplier’s ARIBA Network status while still in progress, please email email@example.com.
- Non-Catalog purchase orders will require you to include the supplier's email in the "Send PO To" section on your requisition
- Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs) are not available to manual (non-ARIBA Network) suppliers. While you can still choose the Supplier when creating a CR, you will not be able to select the Supplier Location to be able to submit your CR.