Travel can be booked however you deem fit, through a travel agency, directly with an airline, or an online agency of your choice. Effective 06/07/12 Airfare no longer must be purchased through a contract travel agency or directly with the airline. The contract is available for use as a convenience:
- refundable and no advance purchase, minimum stay or penalties; Learn more
- review list of Alaska contract airfares (effective July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2017)
- review list of SouthWest contract airfares ( effective Oct 1,2013- Jan 31, 2018)
- provide "YCAWA" as fare basis code during purchase
- may only use a UW individual travel card or CTA to purchase contract airfare
- can not purchase contract airfare using personal credit card
- listed by "city pair" and specific contract airline for one-way flight to either direction
- domestic fares includes all applicable federal, state and local taxes; does not include passenger facility charges, segment fees and September 11th security fee
*Note: Can only book contract fare by calling Alaska Airlines directly or by using a contracted travel agent.
Airfare can be paid for using a personal credit card, cash, CTA, or the individual travel card. All but the CTA are reimbursed through eTravel. Effective 06/07/12 airfare nolonger must be purchased using individual travel card or CTA; except for contract fares:
Review guidelines when combining personal time/travel with UW business trip.
- No timely flights
No contract fare
Airfare expenses procured with any rewards program, such as mileage, my wallet, or credits, are not reimbursable.
See RCW 42.52.160.
Requires prior written approval from a Vice President, Vice Provost, or Dean (Director or Chancellor for Bothell and Tacoma campus) authority cannot be delegated . Attach to ER in ARIBA. Do not send to Travel Office.
- a single annual approval updated yearly is acceptable for frequent travel (must attach to ER each time).
- letter/memo must list reason for approval and include signature
- list specific business reason or medical
- email is acceptable for one time approval
- approval must be included with the reimbursement
- extra/additional fees are not reimbursable
- coach upgrades and seat fees require justification and approval from an administrator
Business class fare OR a foreign layover directly en route or at the final destination for brief rest period (not to exceed 24 hours) may be authorized, provided all the following conditions have been met:
- NOT ALLOWED ON FEDERAL FUNDS
- have prior travel approval from an authorized person, can be on the out-of-state travel approval
- origin or destination is outside the continental United States
- one-way(each leg, from origin to destination one way) flight time including layover is in excess of 14 hours
- documentation is required indicating flight time
- used all UW frequent flyer miles (if available) to upgrade
To ensure travel expenses are reimbursed against appropriate obj codes, each type of expense must be accounted for.