The GCA Newsletter provides our campus partners with information and news from GCA. It is sent out quarterly to the MRAM mailing list.
Subscribe To MRAM to receive GCA newsletters (link opens in new tab).
Please note - On the subscription page, "About MRAM" and "Using MRAM" are inactive links and may not be used.
3rd Quarter 2021
- Budget Setup Best Practices
- Common Cost Share Mistakes
- Pending Transactions 101
- Temporary Budget Extensions
- Get to Know the Grant Analyst Team
2nd Quarter 2021
- New Advance Budget Request Module
- Biennium Crossover: Impact on Grant Budgets
- Upcoming Process Change: Internal Invoices
- Training Grants
- Renewals vs. Supplement/Extensions
- Researchers Needed for Presentations
1st Quarter 2021
- New Advance Budget Process Coming Soon
- Department-Submitted Invoices Q&A
- Update Campus Contacts in Grant Tracker
- Rebudgeting 101
- Requesting a Sub Budget Requiring Separate Billing
- Short Training Videos Available on the GCA and PAFC Websites
- Organizational Change in UW Finance
4th Quarter 2020
- What if My Award is Being Terminated Early?
- NIH Termination Notice Process - From Department to GCA
- Temporary Budget Extensions vs. Advance Budget Extensions
- Form of Payment 11
- Where is My Payment?
- What is an Expense Transfer?
3rd Quarter 2020
- Supplemental CARES Act Funding
- The Importance of Timely Cost Share Reporting
- Subcontract F&A and Encumbrances
- Advance Budgets - When and Why?
- What is Carryover?
- What Happens After My Award is Sent to GCA?
- Staff Spotlight
2nd Quarter 2020
- Preventing Stale Dated Checks
- Fiscal Year End
- Training Grant Reconciliation
- View Open Grant Tracker Notes in One Location!
- Financial Report Setup Under Sub Budgets
- Automated Interim Reports
- GCA COVID-19 Updates
- Understanding F&A
1st Quarter 2020
- GCA Help Coverage
- Sending Checks to GCA
- Indirect Cost Adjustments - Change in Process
- Surplus Transfer Process Change
- Allocating Award Costs
- Termination Notice Challenge - When a Fellow or Trainee Needs to Move Directly to a New Federal Award
- Why Don’t I Have Revenue JV Access Anymore?
- Reverse Expenditures
- Transpasu Forms No Longer Needed For 06 Parent/Sub Transfers
- Transpasu (TPU): Tips, Tricks, and Reminders
4th Quarter 2019
- First Forum of 2020
- New: GCA Forum Web Page!
- Sponsor Invoice Requests
- Change in Messaging for Department Submitted Invoices
- Fellowships & Institutional Allowance Budgets – Which Costs Go Where?
- Maintaining Your Fabrication Sub Budget
- Participant Support Costs
- Outgoing Subawards – Who Does What?
- Billions and Billions of Budgets