Sensitive Physical Inventory - The physical inventory of Sensitive Inventory Items (Small and Attractive Assets) regardless of cost. These inventories are distributed to campus non-biennium year and are due back to the Equipment Inventory Office within 90 days.
Each non-biennium year (even years), the Equipment Inventory Office (EIO):
- Mails the following to the department inventory contacts:
- Cover letter with instructions
- Inventory listings of all Sensitive equipment assigned to the department
- Mails a memo to department heads advising them that inventories are due
Department Inventory Contact:
- Locates each piece of the Sensitive equipment assigned to the department and verifies that it is:
- In use (arranges for disposal if it is not in use)
- Accurately tagged (tags or retags if necessary)
- Correctly listed in the OASIS database (updates the printed listing where necessary)
- May make updates in OASIS except for disposals or tag number changes
- Provides the updated original listing to the department head or a representative for a signature
- Makes a copy for department records
- Retains copy for three (3) years
- Scans and emails or mails a completed and signed listing back to EIO in time to meet the due date
- Responds to any requests from EIO using the Physical Inventory Response Form.
- Logs the inventory in as "received"
- Checks the inventory, sending a memo to the department if there are any questions
- Completes any requests
- Updates the OASIS database as needed
- Sends a copy of the new inventory listing to the department
- Retains the completed original updated listing for six (6) years
EIO closesly monitors departments with past due inventories. EIO contacts these departments by email and/or phone to follow-up on the inventories. If unsuccessful, EIO then communicates the Past Due departments to the Director of GCA and if necessary to Internal Audit.
Last updated August 27, 2020