This webpage has been updated with Workday-related content.
SAGE allows campus to submit a modification request directly to GCA. These requests must not require sponsor approval. If the change does require sponsor approval, please route the request to OSP. If GCA receives a modification request that requires sponsor approval, GCA will return the request and ask the campus preparer to create a new modification request to route as an "OSP/GCA" request. For information about these types of modifications requests, please visit OSP Award Changes webpage.
SAGE Modification Request Checklist
GCA and OSP have developed a SAGE Modification Request Checklist to support the process. This checklist is intended to guide the SAGE Modification preparer provide all the required information before routing the request to OSP or GCA and is applicable to requests that do not already have a required form (e.g. Extension, Change of PI, etc). This checklist is strongly encouraged but not required.
Click on the link to download the SAGE Modification Request Checklist.
How to Submit a GCA Only Modification
This section provides step-by-step instructions for completing the SAGE Modification form for GCA Only Modifications.
- Request a new award line (similar to requesting a new sub budget using a TPU form)
- Add funding to existing award line (similar to requesting a supplement to a sub budget using a TPU form)
- Rebudgeting (no sponsor approval required)
- Cost Share Change (no sponsor approval required)
- Restriction Release (no sponsor approval required)
- Location Change
- Cost Center Change
- Start Date Change (no sponsor approval required)
Returns and Corrections
GCA has the ability to return a SAGE Modification request to the campus preparer. Examples of return reasons include:
No SAGE Budget snapshot in the Comments & History and no SAGE Budget export in the Supporting Attachments section
Missing cost share addendum
When GCA returns an item to campus, the reason will be included in the Comments & History. Once campus makes the appropriate change, the item can be resubmitted to GCA to continue processing.
Campus will receive an automated email notification when a modification request is processed in SAGE. Please review the Workday award to ensure that the changes have been made correctly.
Things to Know
If a Modification request is routed to OSP/GCA but should be sent to GCA only, and vice versa, the request cannot be processed as-is. GCA will confirm the request type with the unit before denying the request. If the routing is incorrect, the campus unit will need to submit a new modification request using the appropriate routing.
OSP Award Changes
SAGE Support Create a Modification Request
SAGE Support Export SAGE Budget to Excel
- What Workday Grant Worktag ID Information Do I Need for a SAGE Modification Request?
- How to Find a Workday Grant Worktag ID in Award Portal
- How to Make a Comment on a SAGE Modification Request
- How to Include Your SAGE Budget Snapshot on a SAGE Modification Request