The transition to Workday resulted in changes to the deadlines for setting up or extending budgets in order to meet the University's bimonthly final pay calculation date (aka Payroll Cutoff). Workday requires that a budget be established in FIN and open in status 1 two working days prior to the final pay calculation date. In order to meet this deadline, GCA needs to receive most budget setup actions THREE working days prior to that date:
3 working days before the final pay calculation date:
- ADV and Transpasu forms (departmental requests) must be received in GCA no later than 3:00 PM.
- OSP actions (FAs and PACs) must be received in GCA by the end of the day.
2 working days before the final pay calculation date:
The following requests must be received in GCA no later than 3:00 PM:
- Opening a status 2 or 3 budget to status 1.
- Extending the end date of a sub budget.
- Exercising Expanded Authorities to change the start date of a budget.