There are two primary roles, for MyFD: preparer and submitter.
When preparers click on "Submit", the prepared transfer status becomes "submitted for local review". The transfer will remain in this pending status until reviewed and submitted by a submitter.
When submitters click on "Submit", the transfer status becomes "Submitted"; transactions in submitted status will be uploaded to FAS for processing.
But how do I know if I'm a preparer or a submitter?
If you are unsure what access or role you have, you may check your MyFD authorizations in ASTRA.
Submitting a Prepared Transfer
- Select Saved and Submitted from the Transactions dropdown menu
- Search for transactions by UWNetID, by the "from" budget number or organization code.
- Click Go
- Click on the blue description link for the appropriate item
- Review the completed Expense Transfer form
- Click Submit Now to submit the transaction for FAS processing
- Click Edit to make changes to the Transfer Expense Form, including adding a note before returning the transaction to a preparer
Best Practice: When asking a preparer to correct a transfer before submitting, the reviewer should edit the transaction to add a note detailing why the transfer has not been submitted as is.
Need More Information?
See our Expense Transfer FAQs.