The following procedure is encouraged for improving equipment security in departments:
- Confirm that capital equipment has a UW property control tag affixed to it. (property tags have proven to be a deterrent to theft),
- Lock and secure all areas where equipment is located when employees are not present in the area,
- Secure equipment to lab benches or desks, if and where possible,
- Inventory equipment in the department periodically.
- Report stolen equipment to the UW Police Departrment immediately upon discovery
Refer to Lost/Stolen Equipment