Records Management Services offers free online and in person training to the University community on all three campuses.
We now offer online training courses in Canvas. Upon completion of each course you will receive a certificate. We are currently offering training on the following topics:
- Introduction to Records Management for Senior Leadership (3 min)
- Introduction to Records Management (9 min)
- Introduction to Vital Records (5 min) NEW!
- Managing Student Records (7 min) NEW!
- University Email Best Practices (9 min)
In Person Training
We are happy to schedule training on request for individuals, staff meetings, or other groups. Announcements for schedules training sessions are sent out on our listserv or by our very kind contacts at UW Tacoma and UW Bothell. Training sessions are offered quarterly on a variety of related topics:
- Introduction to Records Management
- Electronic Records & E-mail Management
- Litigation and Records Management
- Using Retention Schedules
- Using the University Records Center
- Vital Records Identification and Protection
- Files Management (Paper & Electronic)