Which Event Type Works Best for Me?
- Our team manages two University approved options, TouchNet and Cvent, for accepting event/meeting registration admission fees.
- Both of the below options require the creation of a merchant ID number (MID).
- Please review OMS Becoming a Merchant Guidance which includes a link to our Merchant Account Application. Allow up to four weeks for final approval.
- TouchNet can do simple and free one-time events. Cvent is the preferred choice for complex events which can include event management, mobile apps, email marketing, and web surveys. Cvent is a TouchNet-ready partner which means all credit card payments for a Cvent registration will go through TouchNet.
- When you have determined which program may be a better fit for your needs please let us know and we can discuss the next steps or we will happily meet to discuss questions you may have.
*Note: All credit cards processed are subject to UW Merchant and credit card fees. TouchNet can process free events for a small setup fee.
Sample events created in TouchNet and Cvent