Skip to main content
Reimbursement Guidance for COVID Related Travel
Prior Trip, After Trip:
- As a general practice, UW is not paying/reimbursing staff to self-isolate in hotels prior and/or after the travel has taken place.
- Self-isolation would be up to the employee unless it is a requirement of the trip COVID Quarantine.
- If a traveler becomes COVID positive during their travel, all meals and lodging are reimbursable depending on CDC, Airline guidelines and Country of destination guidelines.
- No added expenses due COVID precautions that lead to personal preferences are not reimbursable. If it is a medical reason, please see ADA for more information.
- Must be required by UW Business in order to receive reimbursement
- All COVID tests will be reimbursed through the “Non-Incidental Supplies” Line Item on Ariba NOT “Immunizations”
- Receipt documentation is required