Ariba eTravel is unable to process the night of lodging per diem season crossover which requires a workaround procedure. The workaround is to 'bypass' this night in the system by adjusting the check in and check out date and providing a comment on the expense report. Executing the procedure correctly will keep the bypass night within the same per diem rate as it would have been and the number of reimbursable nights the same.
Travel Dates: July 29 - August 2nd, 2018 (4 nights)
This crosses two per diem rates with a crossover night of July 31st/August 1st (07/31):
**Normally you would enter a check in of July 29 (07/29) and check out Aug 2 (08/02)
Create two lodging line items for each per diem rate:
Line A) Check-in July 28 (07/28) and check-out July 31 (07/31) (3 nights)
Line B) Check-in Aug 1 (08/01) and check-out Aug 02 (08/02) (1 night)
Sample comment on ER: Check in and check out date changed due to system limitation on processing night of per diem crossover.
**Be sure to double check that the # of nights lines up with the receipt documentation, in this example 4 nights are reimbursable and in the fix they are receiving 4 nights reimbursement.
- Additional time at business location is required due to extension of UW business, see change/cancellation of travel plans policy
- If lodging is reasonable the night before business - this is to be assessed and determined by department (i.e. out of state business starting at 8 AM)
- If traveler is not able to return home at reasonable time due to work schedule – this to be assessed and determined by department (i.e. traveler won't return home until 10 PM)
- Note: employee must return the following day as soon as they reasonably can
- Health or Safety reasons - attach administrator approval with circumstances
- Lodging is eligible for reimbursement prior to the trip. See advances & pre-trip reimbursement page.
- A new line item should be created in Ariba eTravel any time the nightly rate changes. Taking an average of the room rates is not allowable.
- Trailer/Camper -- cost of the space rental is reimbursable up to the maximum allowable per diem. Traveler is responsible for lease.
- Leasing residential space -- cost of lease is subject to the maximum allowable per diem. If department signs the lease, they are responsible. To put responsibility on UW, lease has to go through UW Real Estate Office. For more information: http://cpd.uw.edu/ps
- AirBnB/VRBO -- these are considered commercial lodging facilities. Include all fees in the daily rate (cleaning fee, service fee)
Discounts can be utilized by using a contracted UW contracted travel agency. See Book & Pay for more information.
- What is Per Diem
- Determining Per Diem Rate
- Exceptions to Per Diem