Are eligible for reimbursement when for ground transportation (Uber/Lyft, Taxi, shuttle, etc.). Tips for meals and all other tips such as tipping a bellhop or porter are not reimbursable as a separate expense because they are covered in the traveler's meal per diem (M&IE). See incidental expenses.
- Must be necessary and critical for UW business
- Cell phone talk/text/data plans/pre pay plans are restricted to foreign locations only
- If any personal communication is included, amount must be auditable/prorated to UW business only
Costs of personal care attendant services required for disability accommodations are allowable. Costs may include fees and travel expenses of the attendant. Documentation is managed by the UW Disability Services Office. See ADA guidance for more information.
- Restricted to continuous travel status for five (5) or more days in the continental U.S.A
- Itemized receipt is required
- Not allowed in locations outside the continental U.S.A., as it is covered within the meal per diem (M&IE) allowance for these locations
Fees charged by airlines, excluding overweight charges, are allowable up to the first two bags. Overweight charges/additional bags require UW business justification.
- 'Non-incidental supplies': Supplies required for business, purchased on travel status, not considered to be an incidental expense (covered by per diem allowance). This type of expense is not protected under the $75.00 receipt rule, therefore requiring receipt.
- Ex: pens & sticky notes purchased at business location for a workshop
- Generally, it is best practice to reimburse supplies or other misc. expenses not mentioned in travel policy on an XR (eReimbursement) for proper object coding
- Electronic Accessory: reimbursable if necessary for business and is for UW owned electronics. May not be reimbursed for personally owned devices.
- Mailing/Shipping/Printing fees: eligible when necessary for business and incurred while on travel status.
- Entrance Fees: must be necessary/critical for UW business.
- Ex: Park entrance fee for research, ticket access to event for recruiting