January 2022 Meeting Q&A Follow Up
Upcoming GCA Closeout Policies
Q1: Is there a way to check if there are any outstanding awards [that are open after the Final Action Date]?
A1: There isn’t a quick way to see a list of awards that have a Final Action Date (FAD) that occurred in the past. However, you can use an existing Grant Tracker report to get this list.
- Log into Grant Tracker: https://finance.uw.edu/gca/training-outreach/grant-tracker
Click on Org Code Reports (Dept View) in the left-hand navigation bar
- You can also go to this URL directly: https://gcaserver.finance.washington.edu/gca/DVK/
- Enter your organization code (or multiple organization codes if applicable) in the first text box
- Click on Search
- Scroll down to the All Budgets report
- Click on Export to Excel
- An Excel spreadsheet will appear at the bottom of your browser
- Once the Excel File is open, you can remove budgets that are already closed
- Use a filter to remove budgets in status 4 (Column D)
- Remove budgets that have Final Action Dates after today’s date
- Use a filter to remove FADs after today (Column G)
Q2: If we've been told by a vendor that no other expenses will be billed and then we receive an invoice for services after the FAD that they had overlooked, are we responsible for the invoice?
A1: It depends on the amount of the invoice. If the invoice is more than $200, you can reach out to your sponsor and get written approval for GCA to send a revised final invoice. If the invoice is less than $200, then the cost is the responsibility of the campus unit.