For any questions regarding Dawg Prints such as equipment malfunctions and printing errors, please email: email@example.com
System and location wide issues can be found on the Dawg Prints Alerts blog.
Supported Sizes and Formats: We support Letter (8.5" x 11"), Legal (8.5" x 14"), and Tabloid (11" x 14") paper sizing! NO A4 sizing! Make sure your paper settings are correct otherwise you might not be able to print them at the release station.
BW only release stations will only release BW print jobs!
- MacOS Ventura (13.4) - Printers will show an error (“You need to install software to use this printer. To install the software, choose App Store… from the Apple menu. If the software for your printers isn’t available in App Store…, contact the manufacturer of your printers.”). However this does not appear to affect the jobs sent to the printers themselves, but in order to remove it, you need to install additional Ricoh driver software here.
- My document does not appear in the Release Station queue, but it shows up in My Print Center as uploaded.
Please make sure that you type in your NetID as if you were logging into MyUW (your NetID is the first part of your UW email: NetID@uw.edu). Then swipe your card and your jobs should appear.
- No suitable printer available. The selected printer does not allow some of your print job's attributes 'Custom':
This commonly happens when uploading a PDF to My Print Center and the cause of the issue is that the PDF format is not exactly Letter or A4. The fix is to either re-format the document and upload it or print it to PDF formatting it to Letter or A4 and upload the new reformatted PDF. You can check the document format (Page size is what you are looking for) by right-clicking the document in a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader and selecting Document Properties.
- Printing code or gibberish for your released print or unable to release print (Example: ERROR: limitcheck / OFFENDING COMMAND: show / STACK:): This issue is tied to the format of the paper so please double-check that it is printing in 8.5 x 11 (Letter format). A4 is the default print format for Apple products.
- Mac OSX (or newer) - The popup is unable to open because it is from an unidentified developer: Please navigate to System Preference -> Security and Privacy. In the General tab there will be an Open Anyway option to open the popup.
- Mac OSX (or newer) - The print package is unable to contact the popup server: You need to be connected to the University of Washington network and make sure you are not on a VPN (Virtual Private Network). If you are on the UW network, please navigate to System Preferences -> Network. Click on Advanced and then in the TCP/IP tab, click on Release DHCP Lease. If this doesn't fix it, you need to go to the DNS tab instead and add the UW DNS servers and remove 22.214.171.124 if that DNS setting is there (See photo below).
- Due to a security policy change by Google logging in to Google products (e.g., Gmail) from scan stations now requires that you configure your account to allow for "less secure apps". Please see our DawgPrints Alerts post for more information.
- Mac 10.8 (or newer): You need to install additional software before printing. If you see these ...
- ... then you'll need to download and install additional drivers.
- Ricoh Aficia SP 5200DN: Download this file and run the package.
- In either case once you reach the "Select Printer" step click continue, then click "Continue" when the package warns that you have not yet selected a printer. Finally click "Close". The printer installed by the DawgPrints package should now function and not request additional software.
- Mac 10.10 Users: Pharos has released an updated Popup client for Yosemite in December. Unfortunately many Xerox printers (which primarily compose the DawgPrints printer fleet) do not yet have Yosemite-compatible drivers. Print packages for the following types of printers are known to work without additional installation steps:
- Ricoh C821DN
- Xerox Phaser 4600