Do you have an ARIBA Catalog or Non-Catalog purchase order you want to change or close? Procurement Services created this web page to help walk you through the change and close processes. In addition to step-by-step guidance, we have included pertinent questions that our Customer Service team would normally ask to help minimize the email exchanges between you and our department.
- Changes to Budget Numbers
- Changes to Account Codes
- Closing ARIBA Purchase Orders (Catalog and Non-Catalog)
- Closing ARIBA Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO)
- Change & Close Form
- Additional Help
Changing ARIBA Orders
When changes are made to either a budget number or account code on an ARIBA Catalog or Non-Catalog order, the order will revert to a requisition with a new version number (identified with a -V# after the S requisition number). This new requisition version will be sent to all parties on the modified approval flow. Once fully approved, the PO number will be reassigned.
- The new version will not be sent to the supplier. Changes are only available for budget or account code changes which do not need to be communicated to the supplier.
- Payments will not be made against the new budget(s) or account code(s) until the new version of the requisition is fully approved and the PO is reassigned.
Budgets may be changed on ARIBA Catalog and Non-Catalog purchase orders (POs). Only certain changes will be allowed, and it is the department's responsibility to ensure that the budget being used for the purchase is allowable, acceptable, and accurate.
The new budget number must be:
- open to expenditures, and
- of the same budget type (only state-to-state or grant-to-grant changes are allowed) **
- Check the status of all budgets on the order before submitting your request. Failure to do so could cause a delay in your request if another budget is not open to expenditures.
- If changing an order to a budget outside of your department, please include a comment on the order explaining the requested change. Delays in approvals may result if an approver is not aware of the requested change.
- Reminder: When changing a budget for an ARIBA Catalog or Non-Catalog order, the new version of the requisition will be sent to all parties on the modified approval flow, and this may include approvers outside your department, depending on the budget chosen.
- When submitting multiple change requests by utilizing the file upload feature, you must supply the PO number and the from and to budget numbers for each request.
Changes to Budget Distribution / PCA Codes
- Include complete information in the Comments section on the form, including all budgets on the order and exact distribution amounts. (e.g. Change budgets 12-3456 50% ; 78-9101 50% to 12-3456 30% ; 78-9101 70%)
- Include complete PCA information in the Comments section on the form for all budgets on the order. (e.g. Add Project code TESTME to budget 12-3456)
**Please note: Central Office has strict rules about what can be verified as appropriate charges on a budget. Because we can’t verify what is and is not allowable on budgets (nor should we since they are not our budgets), we can only make budget changes to and from the same budget type. However, you as the department know what is allowable and can create an expense transfer in MyFD once the invoice posts to change it to whatever budget you deem appropriate.
Account Codes may be changed on ARIBA Catalog and Non-Catalog purchase orders (POs). Please note that some orders may still route to the Equipment Inventory Office (EIO), even if they are not flagged M & E Tax Exempt.
Changes may not be made to:
- Modify an M&E tax exempt account code (to or from). If you need to modify the M&E status of an order, you must cancel the PO with the supplier, send a close order request form, and create a new order.
- Account code 05-98 for Resale (to or from)
- Account codes beginning with 10-xx for Capital Projects (to or from)
- When submitting multiple change requests by utilizing the file upload feature, you must supply the PO number and the from and to account codes for each request.
Closing ARIBA Orders
ARIBA Catalog and Non-Catalog purchase orders (POs) may be closed by request when appropriate, according to the guidance below.
- Orders should only be closed when all items are received and all invoices have been reconciled and paid.
- If an order is incomplete or shows an open balance, the department must contact the supplier to verify the order is canceled or closed and no further shipments nor invoices are due on the PO.
- On the form, you will be required to submit the reason the order should be closed, and you must verify that the products or services were received and the invoices paid.
- When submitting multiple requests by utilizing the file upload feature, you must supply the PO number and the reason for closing for each request.
- Please Note: If you need to remove an open balance from your budget prior to budget closure but the order is not canceled or closed with the supplier, please do not request to Close the PO. Instead, please review the Changes to Budget Numbers section above, then select Change ARIBA Order on the form and supply a new budget for the remaining charges. All products or services must be received and all invoices must be reconciled and paid to close a PO.
Cancelling an order: The department must contact the supplier to cancel an order and verify no further shipments nor invoices are due on the PO.
IMPORTANT: Requsts to close ARIBA Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs) are no longer submitted using the Change / Close Order Request Form below. For information on the process to close a BPO, please visit our Changing or Closing ARIBA Blanket Purchase Orders webpage.